Dishonored: Brigmore Witches - Preview @ EGM

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
EGM has a new preview for the Dishonored: Brigmore Witches DLC from QuakeCon 2013.

Dishonored‘s first story add-on, Knife of Dunwall, did more to evolve the series’ core gameplay that you’d usually expect from a piece of downloadable content. A part of me expected The Brigmore Witches to be an equally large step forward, but after playing through the first two missions, it’s fairly clear that this final DLC release is more about tying up loose ends than anything else.

That’s not to say that aren’t any gameplay additions this time around. There’s a new power, Pull, which allows you to draw objects and bodies towards you from a distance. There’s a new category of bone charms that offer larger benefits at the expense of an added drawback. For the most part, though, this is the same take on Dishonored gameplay that debuted in Knife of Dunwall, and the focus is clearly on finishing up the story of Daud and his conflict with the witch Delilah.

Thankfully, those refinements were every bit as entertaining in my demo as they were in the last DLC. In truth, it’s hard to find much to complain about when I know I’m getting more Dishonored, and the scenarios I played through—a return to the prison from the start of the main game to break out an inmate, and a journey through a commercial district controlled by two warring gangs—easily rank among my favorite in the Dishonored universe.
More information.

I need to remember to get this when the complete version comes out.... or maybe the following Steam sale?

Back
Top Bottom