Shrapnel Games - Holiday Sale

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat
Here we go with the holiday sales again. Shrapnel Games has started the ball rolling early this year by offering up a sale on all of their products. The will last from now until December 20th.
There are two, maybe three, products that may interest our readers.
First up is Dominions 3. D3 is a huge turn-based strategy game. The normal price for this game is a bit expensive, but at 13% off it's a bit better at $47.95. I know that is still expensive, but it really is that good if you enjoy very complex civilization like fantasty games. Here's a brief summary:
Featuring thousands of units, hundreds of spells and magic items, and endless strategic decisions, Dominions 3 is a fantasy game that could be played for years without seeing everything offered. The last fantasy wargame needed. For Windows, Mac OSX, Linux.
If you do plan on getting it then I recommend you get the boxed version. The manual is worth the wait. It's close to 300 pages.
Next up we have, Scallywag: In the Lair of the Medusa. It's a graphical roguelike dungeon crawler. It's not my favorite roguelike, but it's not bad. The movement is a little slow for my taste. With 13% off it's new price is $22.95. Here's the summary:
A mixture of dungeon creation kit and dungeon crawling, Scallywag allows gamers to play the Rogue-like single player action RPG or craft their own games using basic Windows applications. The standard game features plenty of nifty ideas, such as the importance of light, and boasts an impressive number of levels. Modding Scallywag is super easy, allowing gamers to change the game in minutes. For Windows.
Last up we have, Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space. Weird Worlds is a space opera strategy/adventure type game. The 16% off sale price is $20.95. Here's the summary:
Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space is a grand space opera that will take you from a down and out starship captain to an amazing intergalactic hero whose renown travels light speed ahead of you! A single-player experience set in a randomly generated universe of endless possibilities.
Here is more infortmation on the sale:
Shrapnel Games full press release
Holiday Gift Guide - buy 2 or more instock games and recieve an addition 15% off. Gift Code: GIFT2U.
All the games on sale from Shrapnel

More information.

Thanks for the info!

I always wanted to get Dominions 3, but I thought the price was a bit over the top. Maybe now is the time to buy?

Has anyone played it? How does it compare to other turn-based fantasy strategy games - HoMM, Elven Legacy, MoM, or Age of Wonders x?

Last edited:
That is a crazy price for Dominions 3...especially since it has been out for a few years now.

Crazy but in my opinion worth every penny.

Back
Top Bottom