Ebola has landed in US

Nothing about coughing mucus though…
Perhaps it doesn't increase mucus flow, and coughing only becomes a problem when start bleeding internally?
It's one of these horror diseases of which I actually don't want to picture all the details. I hope they will get some program going to eradicate this before it gets too far.

This statement just shows that you don't get the place. Jaesun "token people"? He's definitely not afraid to speak his mind, to post regarding his interests and to moderate. Well, there were lots of complaints he moderates too much, but not because of the "gay" (even though he posts enough stuff of that kind), but catering to his taste in RPGs. Which is actually relevant to the site.

What "pretention"? It just shows that you neither comprehend nor can deal with the concept of "free speech". This mindset comes also to the fore with statements like "the Codex says this" or "the Codex thinks…" It's not a hivemind, and it doesn't follow a specific agenda. It's lots of different people with lots of different opinions. But yes, if you need a moderator to shut people up whose opinions you don't like, then it's not the right place for you.

Ask HiddenX. He seems to have adapted quite well.

What does it have to do with the point made earlier?

The previous point stated "Which means they are progressive where it counts. "

How does it make it?

Where are the acts that correspond with the alleged category (progressive here)?

Speaking one's mind is not one, speaking of one's interests is not one, moderating so called rpgs is not one.
All these are words.

So far, the only bit that goes up is that nominating a gay, a female or a jew from Israel is progressive.

As to the rest, it is very hard to get a place where people express the all same opinions. For many, many factors. Some people might express a different opinion because they want to sound different. It does not go deep and when it comes to action, they align with the rest etc
Now it does not mean that place is not a hive mind or that it does not follow a specific agenda.

What does it have to do with the point made earlier? The previous point stated "Which means they are progressive where it counts."

How does it make it? Where are the acts that correspond with the alleged category (progressive here)? Speaking one's mind is not one, speaking of one's interests is not one, moderating so called rpgs is not one. All these are words.

So far, the only bit that goes up is that nominating a gay, a female or a jew from Israel is progressive.

You seem to have lost the context. We started with this statement by Aubrielle:
Aubrielle said:
I tend to be rough on places/people that aren't as progressive in terms of gender equality and equality in general, and from what little I've seen of the Codex, I've mostly seen people saying really mean, unfair things and generally being horrible.

To which I answered that you cannot measure how "progressive" a place is by the statements of single members, to which the "mean, unfair things" referred to, but by the actions of the place. Putting people in power (admins and moderators are the only people with real power in such a place, unlike simple members) that are female or come from minorities that some individuals in the membership may say nasty things about is indeed a real action to promote progressiveness exactly in the sense Aubrielle used it here, which asked for "gender equality and equality in general". Prohibiting people from saying certain things on the other hand doesn't change their minds. I prefer seeing clearly who I deal with.

By the way, this is also a big difference between most of western Europe and the US. Europe mostly talks about gender equality, but is horribly behind in its actions in this regard. In the US, it's much more realized.
As to the rest, it is very hard to get a place where people express the all same opinions. For many, many factors. Some people might express a different opinion because they want to sound different. It does not go deep and when it comes to action, they align with the rest etc
It was you who promoted conformity against freedom of speech:
"Example: one poster has one stance that is conform with the charter but the stance stirs troubles and twenty people threaten to move away if it does not cease.
The moderation might be well advised to moderate the one poster as it is the loss of one instead of the loss of twenty, even when it goes against the charter."
Now it does not mean that place is not a hive mind or that it does not follow a specific agenda.
Well, I stated that it's not a hivemind and does not follow a specific agenda. That wasn't a question.

First: not a little girl but a little boy. And second: since when actions of a relatively small group of people (however ignorant) represent a measuring stick with which to gauge progressiveness of the western nations as a whole?

Last edited:
Didn't do nuffins Duncan has just died. In a pretty bad way I might add, as his loved ones started having nightmares after seeing him a couple of days ago, so much so they declined to see him afterwards with Jesse Jackson.

Ebola nurses dog is about to take a trip to that special farm all animals go to. By that I mean he is going to be murdered. All animals were protected in fair Al Andalus of old, I might add. Goes to show which civilization was the superior one.

First: not a little girl but a little boy. And second: since when actions of a relatively small group of people (however ignorant) represent a measuring stick with which to gauge progressiveness of the western nations as a whole?

Since Muslims as a whole were blamed for the actions of a few zionist Mossad agents on 9/11?

I (and many, many others) don't. But you seems to try combating ignorance with ignorance.

A lot of inflammatory sensational speculative stuff in this article, but also includes a good section on airborne transmission. In particular:
Skinner of the CDC, who cited the Peters-led study as the most extensive of Ebola's transmissibility, said that while the evidence "is really overwhelming" that people are most at risk when they touch either those who are sick or such a person's vomit, blood or diarrhea, "we can never say never" about spread through close-range coughing or sneezing.
http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-ebola-questions-20141007-story.html

Virii and Bacteriaii...
Using faux Latin doesn't make you look smart.

A lot of inflammatory sensational speculative stuff in this article, but also includes a good section on airborne transmission.
Sounds reasonable. It's really worrying how many people of medical professions got infected.

The Spanish nurse was wearing 2 layers of sealed hazmat suits when she got infected. Perhaps ebola can teleport from one patient to another? Or the nurse exchanged fluids with one of the victims before she knew they were infected?

What other reasonable explanation could there be?

To which I answered that you cannot measure how "progressive" a place is by the statements of single members, to which the "mean, unfair things" referred to, but by the actions of the place. Putting people in power (admins and moderators are the only people with real power in such a place, unlike simple members) that are female or come from minorities that some individuals in the membership may say nasty things about is indeed a real action to promote progressiveness exactly in the sense Aubrielle used it here, which asked for "gender equality and equality in general". Prohibiting people from saying certain things on the other hand doesn't change their minds. I prefer seeing clearly who I deal with.

Never stated that the measure of a progressive place should be statements. That is the opposite. I asked for examples of acts that could support the claim.

Yet, while it is painful, there is some advancement: so it is admitted that the act that spells progressive is the nomination of a female, a gay and a jew from Israel.

Frontpeople indeed back again.
The nomination of a woman, a gay and a jew from Israel, who might themselves be un progressive is a progressive act.

Everything contained in nothing.
By the way, this is also a big difference between most of western Europe and the US. Europe mostly talks about gender equality, but is horribly behind in its actions in this regard. In the US, it's much more realized.
More evasion. What has Europe, the US to do with a claim that nominating a woman, a jew from Israel and a gay is being progressive where it matters?
Nothing.
It was you who promoted conformity against freedom of speech:
"Example: one poster has one stance that is conform with the charter but the stance stirs troubles and twenty people threaten to move away if it does not cease.
The moderation might be well advised to moderate the one poster as it is the loss of one instead of the loss of twenty, even when it goes against the charter."
How so? It is just an example of moderators acting to preserve the place they want to moderate, as no place to moderate, no moderation.

Freedom of speech is no guarantee of absence of conformity.

Since, by the way, it is getting clearer and clearer that this is another instance of people whishing to appear for what they are not, and staging themselves in that regard, the following can be told now:

what freedom of speech? It is moderated speech. And a moderation not by people who behave but an external authority empowered by a community.

More evasion.
Well, I stated that it's not a hivemind and does not follow a specific agenda. That wasn't a question.

Never stated that the measure of a progressive place should be statements. That is the opposite. I asked for examples of acts that could support the claim.
And you got them. Running a diverse house and putting people from all walks of life into position of power is the most powerful action a website has at its disposition. But I saw that your idea of being "progressive" is to forbid people from talking to keep member numbers up. At least that is the only example you gave. I guess we won't get to an agreement over this.

Please read again the previous posts, it is already answered.
So far, nothing new and the claim is just another exhibition of people that wish to appear for what they are not.

It is twice now: the provided example has nothing to do with freedom of speech, progressive or whatever.

It is an example to follow the observation that moderators require a place to moderate. No place to moderate, no moderation, no moderator.
It follows that moderators usually do not take decisions that could end the place to moderate. By doing so, they would terminate themselves. And they do not want to terminate themselves as they step forward to moderate.
A moderator wont nuke the moderated place even if that means suspending the direction of moderating.
Better exceptions to moderation rather than the end of moderation.

Ah, yes... What diversity? The only diversity that could be is how RPG is pronounced. RPG or RPG?

Different walks of life and? It is easier to find people from different walks of life willing to participate for free rather than finding people from same walks of life.

So far, nothing new and the claim is just another exhibition of people that wish to appear for what they are not.
Which is your false dismissal of the situation, which doesn't get better by repeating.

Case in point:
Ah, yes… What diversity? The only diversity that could be is how RPG is pronounced. RPG or RPG?
Heh. If that was the case, some of the Codexian rejects who lately moved here would probably not be that upset. Again, you know nothing about the place, and as such, it's not worth discussing this with you anymore.

Last edited:
Now Duncan's widow and mother are considering suing the state of Texas for failing to give Thomas Duncan proper care and treatment. He also didn't get Zmapp, he got some other drug.

Jesse Jackson is supporting their claims of bias against Duncan, because he was a colored person.

There is no cure for Ebola right now. All the treatments and vaccines are experimental. Some sufferers survive but it's not due to any treatment they have received. I can understand widow's grief and a need to place a blame is a part of a grieving process but I don't think that she has much of a chance of winning such a case.

There is no cure, right. But there is still supporting treatment (compensating fluid loss and bleeding, treating coagulation problems, compensating organ failure). Obviously not preventing all deaths, but very likely improving prognosis for patients in the western countries.

pibbur who doesn't know if a lawsuit can be based on that.

Back
Top Bottom