Completed Two Worlds, my thoughts on it..

From what I understand, patch 1.6 is supposed to make some positive changes to the crime\forgiveness system. I really wanted to start TW soon, but I'm going to wait since it's supposed to be out within the next week or 2.

I think I'm finally going to play S.T.A.L.KE.R. next because I've recently learned that it's most likely not getting anymore patches.

Yes, I've heard this, too, from a different site.

Have to give them credit for constantly upgrading the game. They've come a long way since the game was initially released. I like this kind of support for games.

Imagine the game that Gothic 3 could have been if Jowood had been as dedicated to improving the game as the makers of Two Worlds have been.

Although I must admit G3 with the new 1.5 community patch is great, almost to the level of the previous Gothic games.

I'm really looking forward to playing Two World with the 1.6 patch after I'm done with G3 and The Witcher.

Indeed, G3 was a great game, but with the kind of support Two Worlds has had, G3 might've become simply incredible.

I like g3 a lot more than Two worlds.. Two worlds is just so artificial. I know it sounds silly, but something just doesn't feel right. I will replay it when their newest patch is released, but I'm not holding my breath to see major issues fixed.

I like g3 a lot more than Two worlds.. Two worlds is just so artificial. I know it sounds silly, but something just doesn't feel right. I will replay it when their newest patch is released, but I'm not holding my breath to see major issues fixed.

What major issues?

Performance is the worst, from what I have heard. Can't remember if it was specific to a brand of video card or if it's the stupid physics they incorporated.
Don't get me wrong I like physic's in a game but not some half baked, half assed attempt at trying ot force people to by unnecessary hardware.
I still here examples of FPS dropping to the single digits when entering villages/towns, it's what's lept me waiting, even DL didn't have that bad of performance problems at launch and TW is still having them, or so I here and wait for 1.6.

Funny thing The Witcher is in a whole different class, it's play time to complete is padded by 40% just due to loading screens, maybe the worst I have even seen.
It could have easily used another 2 months of work and with no way to tweak out the game, it can be quite painful.

The Witcher has few "technical issues" such as errors, low framerates and so on, but the loading times make up for that and more, since it takes such a redicilous amount of time in total.

Loading ad nauseum has always been an Aurora Engine feature; or rather a Bioware design choice as the Infinity Engine games suffered from it too. Enter a building containing nothing but a single tiny room and the engine unloads the main map, loads the child map, and does the same in reverse on exiting. All Infinity and Aurora Engine games have worked this way.

In contrast Two Worlds is an amazing well-optimised game despite the technical problems some folk are having. It’s a huge, (almost) seamless world where loading a saved game is near instantaneous. The only technical problems I've encountered with TW is horse control, other than I've found it to perform far more smoothly than Gothic 3 or Oblivion.

Last edited:
I hadn't heard that Two Worlds had that many performance issues. I felt it ran fabulous when I tried the demo. But come to think of it that was after I upgraded my gfx card. Before then it was pretty much unplayable... so I guess you're right.

As far as The Witcher goes, I would much rather put up with loading screens instead of crappy performance while playing. And I'm still finding it hard to believe that such a beautiful game can perform so well. If they get the loading times down with a patch, that'll be great, but even if not it wouldn't prevent me from rating the game very high.

I didnt have any performance issues either. Two worlds runs well with maxed out settings on my p4 with a Geforce 6800GS cards. Framerate in combat is slightly worse than Oblivion (still perfectly playable) and much better than Gothic 3 (which isnt playable on the high settings).

I find that they overdid reflection on the beach and in the desert though:p

True about the Aurora Engine, it's very strangely designed engine, the loading takes so long because they seemed to have designed it to Flush out all Textures on every load.
This forces them to be reloaded into memory every time even if you in the same spot or zone, they seem to have no concept of Quick Save/Load functionality, so sadly Cd Porjekt may not be able to do anything.

Performance is the worst, from what I have heard. Can't remember if it was specific to a brand of video card or if it's the stupid physics they incorporated.
Don't get me wrong I like physic's in a game but not some half baked, half assed attempt at trying ot force people to by unnecessary hardware.
I still here examples of FPS dropping to the single digits when entering villages/towns, it's what's lept me waiting, even DL didn't have that bad of performance problems at launch and TW is still having them, or so I here and wait for 1.6.

That's only on the XboX. Performance on the PC is almost universally lauded.

Definably good to know maybe the problems I've heard about are due to driver issues, similar to the problems I had with The Witcher.
Now I think about it I need to try older drivers with Stalker, which I have still been unable to complete.

Back
Top Bottom