Drakensang Drakensang Mountain - Disapointing?

Dasale

SasqWatch
I'm at what I suppose to be the (long) final and get a long battle that bore me quite a lot. Well did you also feel that part disappointing?

The funny is that I often complain it's too easy but not this part. Alas it's a too long battle road and I feel this very tedious.

Yes, this also is a complaint I read several times on the official board. You are in good company with that.

If at least there was pause between smaller fights...

I'll have to change my party if I want go through that. I'll try Battlemage, Elf Fighter, my Spellweaver and not sure for the 4th perhaps the dwarf fighter if I don't need anymore disarm skill and social skills.

What party you used for this part?

If at least there was pause between smaller fights...

I'll have to change my party if I want go through that. I'll try Battlemage, Elf Fighter, my Spellweaver and not sure for the 4th perhaps the dwarf fighter if I don't need anymore disarm skill and social skills.

What party you used for this part?

My party for the last 20% of the game was: Me (elementalist), the charlatan chick, the two-handed sword dude and the amazon. The first 80% of the game was pretty much the same setup except I had the dwarf, whom I switched for the two-handed sword dude when I found him.

Me (elementarist) using a lot of ignisphaero's
The dwarven mega-tank (I also raised his thieving skills)
That one noble fighter, tank
The female elf from the Moor

The second half of the area (on top of the mountain) is not very great. I like storming the mountain though. All in all, the area I really disliked was below Murolosch, where you got to fight these gnomish creatures again and again and again. Of all the overuses of combat, this was the worst.

For a large part of the game I used the mage rogue, the dwarf, the amazon and my Spellweaver. I tried a bit various other combinations and stick for some time with the Battlemage, The dwarf, The mage rogue, a combination I found quite strong. Before below Murolosch I changed for The dwarf, The mage rogue, the elf warrior. But in Drakensang Mountain during the third phase to the top I felt them too weak for the job the main problem coming from not handling well the numerous magic attacks. A problem probably linked to the training I used for them.

I had more than 10k training points for the amazon so I tried train to get most skills and sword+bow instead of saber. Sword offer the attack Lunge that can be quite efficient when each member of the team has it (and/or marksman/master marksman). But I had also enough points for training the dwarf to have sword and useful attacks.

Now I need to look at the magic protection problem and investigate a bit what the rules offer.

I don't have at all the trick, I lost hours here for nothing. Spells for magic resistance sucks and respawn is too fast for me. I hate this game! :biggrin:

The mountain, i am thinking the snowy mountain(?) is the worst part of the game. It was just brute force for the most part.

Brute force? I get killed before to be able to apply! The only thing I could do is build ton of large healing potions and use them constantly but that bore me to attempt that.

EDIT: There's no cheat code? I can't believe it. I'll wait someone does a savegame editor... I lost too many time there already, and I'll wait the fix to buy my own copy dammit. :biggrin:

Last edited:
What i did was open the gateway. And after that i ran so hard to get to teh boss bit. And the enemeis dotn follow me in and i finish the game. :p

A gateway? There's a gateway to open? There's the gateways to destroy but well if I attempt I get 4 golems 4 magic users, 10 scorpions an army of cultist all on my 4 stupid bastards that don't worth any hero title! :biggrin: A goblin team would do better than those poor pathetic fake heroes!!!

There is two things closing the gateway. if you go straight right, you shouldnt have to fight the golems, but you will face a few scorpions. Kill the generator, recover and try to rush north(save a bit here, there are traps here) and kill the second generator and forget the golems since they are kinda slow. After you kill the secodn generator rus back to base and kill the golems wiht the dwarfs there.

After that the path will open. But there will be one tough fight with the mage guards blocking that entrance. After killign them, recover and run to the final boss, if you run fast enough your entire party will be ok since those birds will be fighting them.

Thanks for the hint. The beginning is what I was trying to do among few other sort of attempts. But when I succeed break the 1st door the follow up was ugly. Even when trying to flee up to the start point.

But I tried again and follow closely your suggestion and even if the 1st door happen quite bad because I got 2 dead, it worked anyway.

One point I hadn't realized was that the spawning is either limited either stopped if you are far enough from a door. Another point is that there are later some pause if you don't move too much further after a phase. And as you quote, at some points it's very helpful to use some run. And the fourth point was that I changed my tactics, the 4 PC was able to do attack to make fall opponent and I used it a lot against the warrior mages. In fact it's also what I did with few mages you met along the game but there was always only one.

Also later to reach the 4 mage guards your advice is quite good and not obvious at all because it's clear that the harpies won't win but then it's hard to guess that the patrol will not come back as you are fighting the guards, some scripting obviously. In fact at first attempt I hadn't fully understand your meaning and used the harpies to kill the patrol and it run weird when the second arrived.

If it wasn't those two phases, I enjoyed the rest of this climbing, in fact even the four mages but when knowing the trick you quote.

Thanks you allowed me see the final. :)

Dont mention it, the last boss is a challenge though at the second half of the fight. Hope you got some potions handy.

I had 5/6 large healing potions for each PC and few normal for mages. Plus few normal mana potion. I didn't use much but a few. For the whole climbing I used 2/4 large for each fighter and 1/2 large for the 2 other plus 1/2 normal. And 1/2 normal mana for each caster.

The final didn't look to me tougher, I felt the 2 doors quite tougher and the 4 guards more dangerous. But I certainly used few potions during the final. I had 3 healers, that help, the battlemage, the elf fighter and my spellweaver using also bow and sword. The dwarf was the fourth.

My spellweaver was controlling from far the fight either for bow attack either spell support, the level 17 spirit bear and the two fighters was for close combats and the battlemage for everything, he had 2 items increasing mana regeneration. The elf fighter was the casual healer support. In practice the tank was most often the spirit bear against the boss, he never died during the final and only once during the climbing I succeed.

I didnt have the spirit bear, those skeleton archers were owning me lol. I didnt have any potions so that maybe why.

Last edited:
Skeletons archer, I don't remember them, more the strong fighters skeleton and mages skeleton but thanks some giant scorpions help me does the job. Often I let only one fighter and the spirit bear to attack the boss, and even sometimes only the spirit bear.

For me the battle end as giant golems was summoning.

What made me use few potions during the final battle is more the boss itself. In human form not as he was constantly laying on ground. But in the other forms.

I'm finally done with the game.

I had two points where I was completely bored. The first was the first half of the Depths of Gruldur. But this run up the mountain took the cake. What a boring grind.

The final fight was very easy, though. Weird.

Anyway, Drakensang will take its place among the games that I actually finished. That means it cannot be that bad :D.

Back
Top Bottom