Pixel Noir - A 16-bit Noir Detective RPG

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Pixel Noir is the latest kickstarter to go live this week asking for $97,000. The game is being developed by a small studio called SWDTech Games.

Help fund a JRPG-inspired, 16-bit noir detective Role Playing Game!

Who can you trust when you can’t trust yourself?

Something happened that night in the hospital - something that cost you your career as a police detective, your sanity and your partner's life. Ten years later, you have the chance to put things right. Are the hallucinations that plague you a key to what happened that fateful night? Muster your detective skills and gather your allies as you take to the streets to prove your innocence!
The developers also have a new update about International Tiers.

PAX East Update & International Tiers

Thanks to all our backers for your support! We had an amazing time at PAX East meeting you all, getting your feedback, and seeing the incredible support and response to our game! Once we get back from PAX, we'll answer more of your questions and messages on Kickstarter, Facebook, Twitter, and email.

Due to an oversight, we had no international shipping available. We have now added new tiers to allow worldwide pledges as we always meant to have the game available to play for everyone. So no matter where you are, you can now pledge to Pixel Noir!

Thanks again for your support! Look out for further updates next week and keep spreading the word!
More information.

has nice flow to it

but it's a bit overpriced , right?

this type of art was cute the first time it was on kickstarter, but now I can't stomach it. The 80s 320x200 belongs in the 80s.

I don;t think I'll ever grow old of this graphics style. I feel so much more immersed in it than a AAA game .. nut sure if its brain damage or if a face that is similar to a real one , but clearly NOT makes me feel disinterest...
2D portraits > 3D ones.. except for Bloodlines. Bloodlines managed to hit those emotions and personalities in the head

Nah, I'm loving what I see of this game. Growing up on these graphics, it's too late for me to hate them. Besides, RPGs used to have far worse graphics than action games, in fact, they were usually some of the worst... And the high res pretty "RPGs" of today do not satisfy my RPG needs so imma go with worse graphics and fun/immersive gameplay/story.

Nah, I'm loving what I see of this game. Growing up on these graphics, it's too late for me to hate them. Besides, RPGs used to have far worse graphics than action games, in fact, they were usually some of the worst… And the high res pretty "RPGs" of today do not satisfy my RPG needs so imma go with worse graphics and fun/immersive gameplay/story.
Well said PegasusOrgans I agree with you. :clap:

I also grew up playing these type of games, but I understated everyone has different tastes in games. As for me I don't like half the games others praise here.

this type of art was cute the first time it was on kickstarter, but now I can't stomach it. The 80s 320x200 belongs in the 80s.

What games did you play that looked like this in 80's? The ones I played looked far worse. Looks more 90's to me, but I might be getting old and senile.

Yep this is more like games from the 90's rather then the cga graphics (or worse) from the 80's.

Yep this is more like games from the 90's rather then the cga graphics (or worse) from the 80's.

Yeah CGA…and then came EGA (16 colours)…and then VGA (256)….and then SUPER VGA!!! Good times. Back then every graphic improvement actually made a difference. Today I couldn't care less as long as it's "good enough".

This looks just like the first few Sierra's games, the first ones were in the 80s (KQ 1,2,3, SQ1,2, Larry, etc).

This looks just like the first few Sierra's games, the first ones were in the 80s (KQ 1,2,3, SQ1,2, Larry, etc).

Acutally no, then you're the one with a bit of senility going. ;)

Go back and look at Sierras first edition of Larry, Police Quest, Kings Quest etc. They look like this:

http://www.niezgrani.pl/wp-content/uploads//2013/07/police_quest_1.png

That's a picture from Police Quest, released 1987.

Maybe you had forgotten excactly how they looked in the 80's. Rose tinted glasses and all that.

Acutally no, then you're the one with a bit of senility going. ;)

Go back and look at Sierras first edition of Larry, Police Quest, Kings Quest etc. They look like this:

http://www.niezgrani.pl/wp-content/uploads//2013/07/police_quest_1.png

That's a picture from Police Quest, released 1987.

Maybe you had forgotten excactly how they looked in the 80's. Rose tinted glasses and all that.
Well, technically I'm not wrong. Looks a lot like Space Quest 3 (to me), which came in 1989, but yes it would be more representative of the early 90s games than 80s. Still, I was amused by the first games looking like this in kickstarter, but now it doesn't attract me a bit, the novelty quickly wore off.

Fair enough, the comparison to Space quest 3 is one I'm more willing to make, although lighting and other factors still would put this later in my view.

I do agree with you on the Kickstarter part though, but as far as I can recall I haven't supported any games with these kind of graphics so far. In the end it's more about what they're trying to achieve then how it looks, and this one looks ok but doesn't sound like it's a game I would like to play.

Back
Top Bottom