New Aliens game in the works

I don't fret too much about publishers.

But I'm not assuming it's going to be any good. But it's a lot better than nothing - and I really like the sound of what they're trying to do with it.

On the bright side, it can't possibly be worse than A:CM ;)

Would have liked to have seen what the Aliens RPG was like.

Eurogamer said:
SEGA, the publisher, backed this, explaining that a step back was taken to "carefully consider the type of [Aliens] game we want to release".

This before they released A:CM. Not sure I have a great deal of faith in Sega's choice of Aliens games.

Yet another Alien game that will be either average, or another abomination. How I wish Obsidian would of released their RPG instead of the usual crap that does come out.

Then again we can blame Sega for shoveling that game, and instead they went with A:CM.:roll: Smart move there wasn't it?

Last edited:
The last good product in the Alien franchise was in '86..... the two or 3 games that I've seen were pure rubbish. Heck, even the movies after then didn't come close to measuring up. If someone took a good premise to Kickstarter for a game from this series, it might do quite well. I'm not sure why creating a game with all the decent subject matter is so daunting.

Carnifex said:
The last good product in the Alien franchise was in '86

I'm playing Aliens vs Predator 2000 for the first time at the moment and think it's pretty good. Very little plot, but enjoyable and extremely fast moving shooter gaming. I love sneaking around as the Alien and lopping heads off.

I actually liked AvP from 2010 as well. Ok, it wasn't great - but actually pretty good.

It's not that I'm surprised people are jumping on the hate-wagon for this, but I love the setting too much to give up hope entirely :)

It's not that I'm surprised people are jumping on the hate-wagon for this, but I love the setting too much to give up hope entirely :)
Well people still think another good Star Wars RPG will come out also. I hope your dream comes true one day also Dart.:manhug: I know mine wont.

I actually liked AvP from 2010 as well. Ok, it wasn't great - but actually pretty good.

You really liked that game? I thought it was terrible. I couldn't even make it past the marine campaign. For some reason I thought I recalled you having a similar opinion.

You really liked that game? I thought it was terrible. I couldn't even make it past the marine campaign. For some reason I thought I recalled you having a similar opinion.

I found it underwhelming at first because it was so inferior to AvP2. But after getting over that, I completed all the campaigns and found them reasonably entertaining.

Definitely not terrible. A:CM is terrible :)

I also had fun with multiplayer for a while - even though it pretty much died soon after release.

Well people still think another good Star Wars RPG will come out also. I hope your dream comes true one day also Dart.:manhug: I know mine wont.

That's sweet :)

KotOR 3 done by people who care and understand the franchise would be almost as good as a proper Aliens game.

JDR13 said:
You need to play AvP 2 then. That was the best game of the franchise so far imo. Look for the gold edition.

Sounds good. I couldn't find the gold edition but I picked up the base game & expansion separately from Amazon.

Getting nervous about starting the colonial marine campaign in AvP2000 - I've heard it's a bit hair-raising.

Back
Top Bottom