Pillars of Eternity - New Interview & Preview

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
PCGamesN posted a new preview based on a short demo of Pillars of Eternity.

Pillars of Eternity is a game out of time. More than a decade since the release of the last Infinity Engine game, Icewind Dale II, Obsidian’s Kickstarted RPG is simultaneously a step backwards and forwards. It’s like looking at a game from the 90s, if games in the 90s had been really, really, ridiculously good looking.

I’m not saying Pillars of Eternity is outdated. I’m saying I’ve been starved of sprawling, reactive RPGs for years. Obsidian are bringing them back to the table. At some point publishers decided I wanted more expensive cinematic and, as a result, linear stories. Pillars isn’t that.

It’s going to envelope your RPG-starved brain.
I also found a new video Q&A on Dealspwn with Josh Sawyer who talks about Classes, Romance, and Giant Heads in Pillars of Eternity.

Following the gameplay presentation from Josh Sawyer, we got the chance to sit down with the man himself and ask some further questions about Obsidian's upcoming old-school RPG, Pillars of Eternity.
More information.

Any volunteers for writing a summary? :rolleyes:

slightly off topic, but I can't ignore it. Who the hell actually thinks a neck beard is a GOOD idea?

slightly off topic, but I can't ignore it. Who the hell actually thinks a neck beard is a GOOD idea?

Usually only the people wearing them. 400lbs and spandex wearers about the same type?

If you can pull it off it's pretty impressive: "That's right, I have a fucking neck beard and I'm still hot. If I was trying to look good, you'd all be dead right now."

I just learned something new
Neckbeard is a pejorative term referring to unattractive, overweight and misogynistic Internet users who wear a style of facial hair in which a majority of the growth is present on the chin and neck. Neckbeards are commonly associated with hipster stereotypes and Internet addicts who frequent websites like 4chan and Reddit.

I just learned something new

Really tell me more.

1814123.jpg

Since this thread so far has nothing to do with Pillars of Eternity anymore.:sarcasticclap:

I’m saying I’ve been starved of sprawling, reactive RPGs for years. Obsidian are bringing them back to the table.

"Them"? Is Obsidian working on something else that I'm not aware of? :)

Back
Top Bottom