Original Sin - Something Coming Our Way

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Larian Studios is now on Instagram and in their first post their they mention something is coming our way, with the following teaser:

Dragon's scale and witch's hair,
Take a peek soon, if you dare.
Tooth of wolf and impish blood,
Something wicked this way comes...
Is it a DLC, a content update or something else?

More information.

dont really care.
for me the project isn't salvageable. close to 0 immersion

Last edited:
I also don't care, but my lack of care is about social networks.
So far no news worth reading came from social networks thus I believe this one is also irrelevant.

I also don't care, but my lack of care is about social networks.
So far no news worth reading came from social networks thus I believe this one is also irrelevant.

A lot of pertinent questions during PoE's development were answered on social media (from Josh Sawyer especially). I think Brian Fargo announced both Wasteland 2 GOTY and Bard's Tale IV on Twitter first.

I know nothing about PoE only that I backed it on Kickstarter the very first day with $165. About J.S. I share the Codex thoughts - his design decisions tend to go amateurish too often thus I don't care what he talked about on social networks.
I'm registered on Obsidian forums yet I had no reason to ask much, and you're well aware I don't avoid to spam saucy questions on official game forums.

About GOTY versions of games I already have - I don't actually care nor play to buy 'em.

Any mention of Bard's Tale 4 doesn't impress me at all - they're supposed to deliver Torment 2 first.

Looks like they're all trying to persuade Zynga audience into buying proper games. Not gonna happen.

Tell me you're at least friends with Brian on linkedin ?

Who says it is about Original Sin ? Maybe a new game ? ...ah, I see. hashtagged originalsin :)

If it's a DLC addition to Original Sin, that is fine with me. As long as it adds a good chunk to the game, or is a major overhaul/upgrade.

I already am prepared for the same thing with Wasteland 2 GOTY edition, because I doubt they will give this upgrade away for free to previous owners.

But I'm thinking they will give a discount price if you were a kickstarter backer or previously purchased the game.

they need to get their act together and release that update that many of us has been waiting for ;)

A DLC would, kind of, piss me off..

Yeah... I forget exactly what they have promised or suggested.. Something to improve the story? I love plenty dialogue in my CRPGs, but I found many of the dialogues needlessly verbose and was often turned off by Larian's wacky humor.

And the terrible random / excessive loot system made inventory management extremely tedious. Perhaps it's too much work to improve these sorts of things in a patch for D:OS, so I only hope that Larian can improve upon these sorts of things for their next game. There's things about it I really like, but the longer I played the more the flaws bothered me and I just lost interest all interest in playing.

Considering that they never hinted on working on an expansion or DLC, that they also already said they will announce the next games at E3, and that they were busy at work on the content update (which will also include new content, as far as I understand), I definitely believe that this is the promised huge patch with content update.

If not, if this is a true expansion, I will be so happy I will cry, since D:OS is one of the best games I ever had the pleasure to play.

And please, keep PoE and related shit away from this immaculate game...

I'm a Larian fanboy - I want new content - patch, DLC, new campaign - whatever :)

What about season pass, Hidden? :p

I know nothing about PoE only that I backed it on Kickstarter the very first day with $165. About J.S. I share the Codex thoughts - his design decisions tend to go amateurish too often thus I don't care what he talked about on social networks.
I'm registered on Obsidian forums yet I had no reason to ask much, and you're well aware I don't avoid to spam saucy questions on official game forums.

About GOTY versions of games I already have - I don't actually care nor play to buy 'em.

Any mention of Bard's Tale 4 doesn't impress me at all - they're supposed to deliver Torment 2 first.

So you simply don't care about anything posted on social media out of principle - fair enough. That's a whole different thing than nothing being worth reading though. ;)

Caing or not caring. It's still not worth reading - to me.
To some others seems it is. Which I find sad. Don't sell your soul for nothing!

I'll most likely skip any D:OS content unless they do something to increase immersion.

Well, the hint makes it sound like a crafting overhaul, so that'd be my minimal guess. Their might be more than that, but crafting will be changed/enhanced.

I've not even really started playing D:OS because I wanted to wait until it's really - really - finished. I'm starting to doubt they will ever add the originally promised NPC schedules (even though I bet they did eventually earn the money they stated to lack in their decision to cut them), but I would feel somewhat cheated if I found out after my playthrough that I now had to play again to experience some belated extra content or else simply lose out on it.

Well, the hint makes it sound like a crafting overhaul, so that'd be my minimal guess. Their might be more than that, but crafting will be changed/enhanced.

I'm hoping that managing inventory will be faster and better. If they do nothing else than achieve that, I'd be a happier camper.

It's a terrible idea to still develop a game some months or even a year after release. Just fix all the bugs and let it go.

I miss the time when people only had one chance to release a game. Now you never know when you're going to pay again for stuff that should have been included from the start and everyone asks continuously for more money.

It's really pathetic, I'm sick of being bled to death. I almost never buy games on release because I know my investment will become obsolete very fast.

I've not even really started playing D:OS because I wanted to wait until it's really - really - finished. I'm starting to doubt they will ever add the originally promised NPC schedules (even though I bet they did eventually earn the money they stated to lack in their decision to cut them), but I would feel somewhat cheated if I found out after my playthrough that I now had to play again to experience some belated extra content or else simply lose out on it.

Am waiting too. But that's almost always what I do these days - wait for a GoTY bundle once everything is released and patched.

-kaos

Back
Top Bottom