Sim Heroes - Goes Beta

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
We have been informed that Sim Heroes, which is labeled as a RPG Management sim, is about to be released. The game was succesfully funded on Kickstarter last year and Rock Paper Shotgun have written a small piece for the game two months ago, which contains the information I do not need to repeat... OK, well only this small part from the RPS article:

The story goes that you’re exiled to an island and must start a settlement, placing down a tent and expanding from there. Place down a second tent and you’ll attract (unseen) villagers, who can be set to forage and hunt for food or chop down trees. Place a Wayrest and you’ll attract heroes, who can be formed into parties, their equipment managed, and then sent off for adventures at nearby caves, dungeons and the like. They do the fighting out of sight, but when they return – assuming they survive – you can paw over their combat logs, see what they encountered and how far they reached, and then make tweaks before their next adventure.

This then creates a compelling loop: your adventures unlock new building types, which allow you to expand your little village, gather more resources and upgrade your buildings, and the increase of fame brought by success will attract more and more powerful heroes to your settlement.
More information.

It sounds just like majesty 1 and majesty 2 " The fantasy kingdom Sim. Those are some of my all-time favorite games.

I funded this because it sounded pretty unique. Basically it's supposed to be the fantasy equivalent to a sports simulator. And as I like sport simulators and rpgs, I thought funding the game would be worth it. I hope it turns out well!

Back
Top Bottom