Dragon Age - Sequel Dated?

And some Steam games have the retail DRM forced onto them by the publisher. That doesn't preclude you exercising a choice, even if the choice is not to buy.

Well choosing not to buy a game that I would really like to play can hardly be called a choice. And this is also not how I interpreted your post, which seem to imply that STEAM is just another distribution platform, different from retail. I just wanted to point out that this is not the case as STEAM is sometimes imposed when there is no valid reason whatsoever to do so (that is, for playing a single-player game I bought through retail) and is no different from DRM in that regard.

Well choosing not to buy a game that I would really like to play can hardly be called a choice. And this is also not how I interpreted your post, which seem to imply that STEAM is just another distribution platform, different from retail. I just wanted to point out that this is not the case as STEAM is sometimes imposed when there is no valid reason whatsoever to do so (that is, for playing a single-player game I bought through retail) and is no different from DRM in that regard.

Full ACK! Dhruin's argument is a straw man. To make another rhetorical similar: The freedom of supporting STEAM is like the ultimate freedom of market society - the freedom to sleep under bridges.

@Dhruin: Why so touchy? If a MOD/ADMIN writes "drop the rhetoric" I think that it is okay to ask if it's forbidden.

Steam is just not that bad anymore, and if youre picking up 5$ games left and right it looks even better..

It seems some of you guys have been living under a rock for the past 7 years or so.
EA has stopped being the "evil empire" about 3-4 years ago. Activision is the new EA.

Yes of course…. and in the mean time EA has decided to charge money for future DEMOs of their crappy games… "the plan is to release PDLC at $15 bucks for 3-4 hours gameplay" they say. Pricey demos? It's clear at this point that, as countingdown7 said, they stopped to be the money hungry powerhouse they used to be…. now they actually care for their costumers.

Back
Top Bottom