Mordheim - Releases New Screenshots, Video

Aubrielle

Noveliste
Focus Interactive has released some eye-catching new screenshots and an impressive new video of the upcoming Mordheim: City of the Damned tactical wargame.

04.jpg

In addition to launching an official website, Focus Home and Rogue Factor cranked out some new visual assets for their turn-based strategy/RPG Mordheim: City of the Damned this morning, including several screenshots and a gameplay demonstration video that showcases both the Mercenaries and Possessed. Stream away:

And here's a quick synopsis of the Warhammer-set game, as this is the first post we've actually had for it:

Mordheim: City of the Damned is a turn-based tactical game where you lead warbands into bloody and lethal skirmishes, set in the Warhammer world. The game blends RPG elements, fast-paced tactical combat and intricate unit customization in a time wrought by chaos and rivalry where only the strongest survive.

After a twin tailed comet crashed on Mordheim, the City of Damned turned into a terrifying battlefield where rival warbands fight fiercely for the control of key neighborhoods, looking for glory and fortune by acquiring the very valuable Wyrdstone fragments.

Pick your warbands from iconic Mordheim factions - Sisters of Sigmar, Possessed, Skaven, Mercenaries from the Empire - and lead your troops to battle. Recruit new units, equip them with enhanced gear. Evolve and customize your warband with the experience gained from each successful mission, transforming them into a terrifying force on the battlefield.

Devise the best strategy to annihilate your rivals. If you fail, some of your units might lose a limb... or worse. Keep in mind that in Mordheim: City of the Damned, a dead unit is lost forever! Consider the environment when formulating your battle strategy, exploiting the unique buildings, ruins or the layout of the streets. Deploy your troops carefully and anticipate the actions of your adversaries to set up ambushes! Organize ingenious battle plans where the talents of your units will be as important as your own luck during key moments of combat.

Loot items and weapons hidden in the ruins, or steal those of fallen opponents. Survive the dangers that abound in the City of the Damned and collect as many Wyrdstones as you can, but remain ever vigilant. Mordheim is one of the most treacherous places in the Warhammer world!

In these epic battles where fame and glory await, your strategy will definitely be your best ally! Visit the four corners of the City of the Damned to complete multiple missions in the solo campaign, or challenge other players in enthralling multiplayer modes.
03.jpg

More information.

More information.

Made by professionals, GUI is okay, gameplay should be interesting considering no overhead view like in XCOM? Unity allows easier hardware requirements and the game still looks awesome.

Looks interesting for sure. I wonder if it'll get dull when the plot takes place in this dark and gloomy atmosphere only.

This and Warmachine look like actual games, unlike the mess that is Massive Chalice. I hope they are good.

After watching a gameplay video this looks pretty interesting. Is it WSAD third person OTS movement in TB combat? Looked like it but I couldn't tell from the video. If so that's something I've not seen before but looks really cool.

Will it have a real single player campaign or will it just be used to set up the multiplayer?

I'm not sure I'm liking the recent trend of saying "RPG elements" in order to attract a larger audience. It's like saying that lawn mowing has "sports elements".

In the gameplay trailer they mention a story campaign. That's why I'm interested.

Yep, that's the video I watched.

I'm just not clear on if it will be a "full" single player experience. ie. 15-20 hours worth of missions with a story or if it will be more COD style where you have a quick 3-5 hour SP game and then the bulk of its meant for multiplayer.

If you find out, notify me. :)

I'm not sure I'm liking the recent trend of saying "RPG elements" in order to attract a larger audience. It's like saying that lawn mowing has "sports elements".

Though I agree with you, the pen and paper game really did have lots of rpg elements. I'd say at least as many as something like Jagged Alliance 2. Whether they are actually incorporated in the computer game is another matter.

Looks kinda nifty.

Back
Top Bottom