Father's Day for Game Dev Dads

magerette

Hedgewitch
First, I don't think 'fathering' gets enough respect and attention, so as here in the U.S. we have a commercialized occasion today called Father's Day, I thought I'd post

this link
to an interview at Gamasutra about how having children can change how you make games. They speak with Sid Meier and several others.

Happy Father's Day to all to whom it applies. :dance::clap::party::party2:

Yep, I even celebrate step-father on this occasion too, I have to give credit where credit is due. Anyone male who has gotten a few grey hairs on account of me deserves some recognition on this day.

For me, father's day is on March 19th, like mother's day is on August 15th. It's because of our more local tradition in Antwerp, but it's also the more religously inspired days.

I did an interview with a guy I know from Goozex over at Destructoid. My RPGWatch stuff was in my comments but appears not to have made it through his cut of the article.

Too bad Gamasutra didn't solicit your opinion, Mike. That was a good interview. I agree that kids need limits, but as the one guy responded, "my dad was too confused by them(games)"--I think they also need them to be reasonable and appropriate, not just :"No violent,evil vid games for you!" as several non-gaming families i know insist--just makes kids look for it at their friend's house where as you point out, there may be "no limits" at all.

My favorite part of the GS article was where each dev listed the games he played with his kids. I like to see the young sprouts getting a good intro to one of life's greatest pleasures. ;)

Back
Top Bottom