Skyrim - Dunmer Thief Screenshot

A thief? Why not an assassin? Why not a knight? Why not a monster slayer? why not a thug? Why not a ranger?

Players are ready to buy any kind of hype, even cheap ones. The game is said to have surrendered classes. The introduction of them through looks is quite shallow.
Despite that, the developpers can come and tell "hey, this is how a thief looks in our game" Speaking of subjectivity, funny how the all subjective school is first at the door to see a thief in the pic.

People are entitled to see anything they want in the picture as there is no class implemented in the game and that the game does not recognize what class one player could possibly play.

Less and less content sold to players and for the same price. Or more.

That is good business.

I'm not sure what your point is here. People voted on this and asked to see a "Dumner Thief" and this is what Bethesda came up with.

I'm impressed with this screen shot, especially since its from the XBOX 360. The game is massive and it's been stated that it has a lot more content compared to Oblivion. Although some aspects of the game have been cut or changed, I feel it was done for the better. I think it's fair to say that Skyrim will be a much better game than Oblivion and therefore good business for all.

To be honest, I never get what ChienAboyeurs point is - it seems every single post is a semi-intellectual philosophical monologue about the RPGness of games, life, people, and the world at large...

To be honest, I never get what ChienAboyeurs point is - it seems every single post is a semi-intellectual philosophical monologue about the RPGness of games, life, people, and the world at large…

Chien is the future of AI! ;)

it seems every single post is a semi-intellectual philosophical monologue about the RPGness of games, life, people, and the world at large…

Am I not similar ? ;)

While the face certainly fits the morrowind looks I would also like the option to make a "handsome" face.
In earlier previews I read that unlike oblivion's facegen, skyrim was going to give you a bunch of high quality pre-set faces for you to tweak.

I believe you're right, KU. Since I play TES games for hundreds and hundreds of hours, I try to make the cutest female that I can create. Since I'm going to be staring at this being for all that time, I want it to be easy on the eyes :D This generally means a quick grab of the latest eye-candy mods, but those will be out very fast.

This would recieve a much better reception if it came from a european dev...looks fine to me.

I believe you're right, KU. Since I play TES games for hundreds and hundreds of hours, I try to make the cutest female that I can create. Since I'm going to be staring at this being for all that time, I want it to be easy on the eyes :D This generally means a quick grab of the latest eye-candy mods, but those will be out very fast.
You sound very lonely. :(

I think the "camera" and body angle/perspective makes the model look a bit squat/funny in the torso... but I think it looks pretty good, and I say that as someone who thinks that 50% of Bethesda's games are total shit ;)

This would recieve a much better reception if it came from a european dev…

One of the dumbest things i've read in a long while here, since it's usually the exact opposite.

To be honest, I never get what ChienAboyeurs point is - it seems every single post is a semi-intellectual philosophical monologue about the RPGness of games, life, people, and the world at large…

Agreed. I can't understand a high percentage of them and others seem to intentionally go off-topic to rant about every game being an RPG.

You sound very lonely. :(
Why so? I've been happily married for nearly 20 years and have a close group of friends that have been together since high school. I don't feel lonely. In fact, I kinda wish I had more "me" time, to be honest.

Ah! I didn't see the title codex emissary. You don't need to say anything more. I figure I can snap-judge you pretty easily too :D

Redguard:
03D4022604498820-c1-photo-oYToxOntzOjE6InciO2k6OTgwO30%3D-the-elder-scrolls-5-skyrim.jpg

Bosmer:
p6Br1.jpg

The ruggedness and texture-blurriness is kinda gettin´ old, sameness is creepin´ in.
Hopefully something less "badass" will emerge as well.

Since I'm going to be staring at this being for all that time,
Ahahaha, don´t you tell me you spent your 400 hours in Oblivion in 3rd person.

Last edited:
One of the dumbest things i've read in a long while here, since it's usually the exact opposite.

Hmmm yeah, that it genius. You must be new to this site if you think that.

The Redguard looks cool, but I don't like the Bosmer at all. He's far too large and muscular compared to the way they've been portrayed in the series so far.

Hmmm yeah, that it genius. You must be new to this site if you think that.

That screen didn't recieve any good feedback on FaceBook either, where it was initially released.. People usually "oh!" and "ah!" at anything Bethesda releases on FB, so it was quite surprising, but it seems that people in general actually have some kind of taste.. And i really doubt it would've recieved better critque here if it was a european game, some people do have taste.....

The proportions are a bit off (could be the odd angle), the geometry is very low poly for a late 2011 game, the textures are quite poor, the art design isnt anything special. It's not the worst i've ever seen or anything but probably the weakest screen so far for the game.

Last edited:
The Redguard looks cool, but I don't like the Bosmer at all. He's far too large and muscular compared to the way they've been portrayed in the series so far.

He's too white looking, he's like a white guy with black skin, that's not the way they've been portrayed before.. he could be a native german or swede, except for the skintone, so not good imo. Textures are really crappy too but it's probably 360 version they're showing.. Didin't like the Bosmer either, looks funny in a bad way, proportions are off. Nah, characters arent their thing, still.

Back
Top Bottom