Vanguard - Revisiting Vanguard

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Ten Ton Hammer takes a new look at Vanguard after abandonnig it for 2 years and have some good news to share.
Vanguard still offers as much (or more) variety as any game around. Your character always has plenty of quests to do, or you can get caught up in a single dungeon for days. In addition to the standard adventuring and crafting, players can partake in the diplomacy system. Diplomacy may not have the depth that was promised by Sigil during development, but SOE has worked to smooth out the kinks of what is there. Players who love lore will enjoy digging through each races story as a diplomat and then traveling the world in search of new parleys. If nothing else, you have to appreciate the city buffs to crafting unlocked by diplomacy.

The ultimate question a player must ask himself when playing a trial is will I continue to pay to play this? Considering the current state of Vanguard and my play style, the answer is a resounding yes. The performance in improved enough that I feel as if I could recommend it to a friend without having to apologize, the vastness of Telon caters to my adventurous spirit, the graphics are still among the best available, and the gameplay has enough options to keep a casual gamer busy for years on end.
More information.

Didn't they move this to free-to-play with microtransactions or something? I remember reading something that effect.

Anyway, it's what kept me from re-trying again. Last time I tried it, which is like 6-8 months ago, there were still numerous little technical quirks and display issues that prevented me from truly enjoying it.

Oh, and they've completely ignored PvP and the only PvP server is located in the US with a horrible ping.

Back
Top Bottom