Most anticipated game of 2015

Bubbles

Watchdog
I generally do not like RTwP combat, but the game I am looking forward to the most in 2015 is Pillars of Eternity. Even more so than AoD for some reason, though with my tastes I feel I should be more excited for AoD. What game is your most anticipated for 2015 or beyond?

I have to admit I am a huge Mass Effect fan but for some reason I'm not really excited for a new ME. Maybe because the trilogy was so good and I don't see how a new ME can compare story-wise. ME3 was hands-down my favorite game in the trilogy.

I have a feeling if a TB D&D 5th edition game was being developed a la ToEE it might jump to the top of my list.

I have to admit I am a huge Mass Effect fan but for some reason I'm not really excited for a new ME. Maybe because the trilogy was so good and I don't see how a new ME can compare story-wise. ME3 was hands-down my favorite game in the trilogy.

I'm so crazy about ME that I bought almost all N7 stuff from Bioware store (except real leather jacket - I bought probably illicit replica from India made from artificial leather as I don't think people in Mass Effect setting still skin animals for clothes).

Anyway, to me, ME1 remained unbeatable part of the trilogy.

ME2 went too FPSey and grindy (bloody planet sonar), at the cost of kicking out Mako which is the only vehicle in a game I really loved to drive. Yea, Hammerhead was crap, especially since it's DLC, although there is an awsome sidestory ending with it, but…

ME3 tried to return the game back on RPG track, but ultimately failed. First they removed all doors/containers minigames, I mean… Is that RPG? Do you remember any actual puzzle in ME3 or it's DLC? I don't. The ending is something everyone talked about, so I won't.
And of course, the game was plothole-o-rama, not just singleplayer with insults to fans like temple of billions of ardatyakshi exists although you killed one of a few in ME2, with blatant lies from Ray Mzyka that we'll learn everything including discovery of Tali's face (who was some facebook avatar pic, something like that), etc. Multiplayer with bringing back the species that went extinct in ME2 thanks to Shepard just pushed the game even lower for me.

But they're returning Mako in ME4. And thus, I want ME4. Right now.

I usually don't like games without heavy rpg elements (ie Dishonored and Bioshock) but the story in ME3 completely sucked me in. My Shepard was awesome and this is the only game that I've actually became immersed in the story. I even liked the original ending, and the remade endings were just icing on the cake. I even liked the multiplayer battle game thing.

What remade endings?
You mean their so called enhanced ending that is crap number 2?
Or you mean cutout ending that's Citadel DLC pardie?

In the end we obviously like different things. The story plotholes in ME3 were making me nervous over and over. The whole ME3 story is one giant slap in the face of all previous fans who adored story and substories in ME1&2.
Removal of the story critical sidekick for sakes of milking was just another slap.

I know I am in the minority when it comes to liking ME3 the most. I can't explain why other than it completely sucked me in. What do you think of Red Jenny in DA:I? If you didn't enjoy her character then I don't know what to say.

As 4ME isn't officially announced yet, my most anticipated game 2015 is by far TW3. :)

Otherwise it would be a tough matchup bewtween these two.

As 4ME isn't officially announced yet, my most anticipated game 2015 is by far TW3. :)

Otherwise it would be a tough matchup bewtween these two.
Good choice but I foresee another delay for Witcher 3 in a few months. I would also add Torment, and Pillars Eternity if they do get released next year.:)

I know I am in the minority when it comes to liking ME3 the most. I can't explain why other than it completely sucked me in. What do you think of Red Jenny in DA:I? If you didn't enjoy her character then I don't know what to say.
You mean Sera? Wrote elsewhere, she is probably the best written character in any of Bioware games.

You mean Sera? Wrote elsewhere, she is probably the best written character in any of Bioware games.
I think she is the worst NPC in DA:I. Don't even know why Bioware put her in the game as I can barely understand a word that comes out of her mouth.

Last edited:
Hahahaah, knew it!
I remember saying when describing many games:
Bad decision - subtitles are not turned on by default!
DA3 is the same bullshit choice, a trend that I bet started on consoles. Put bloody subtitles visible, if someone has 100% perfect ear for a game with quebec english, well, that one can turn them off.

So do that first. Yeeees, a sacrilege, playing a game with subtitles, whatta shame! :D
It's not a shame, the only shame is that those subs look perhaps too small. And lemme remind you that if those were on by default, there wouldn't be so many doublegender heroes in DA3 (before the last patch)!

Sera will evolve depending on will you sweat your arse trying to understand her or you'll judge her based on your first impression and just shove her off.
Not saying you should try to befriend her at any cost, maybe your role is to be a bastard/bitch towards everyone, maybe it's to be friendly whenever possible, maybe you're playing elfhating hero, maybe… dunno.
But on at least one replay just try to figure her out through the chatty after every major step. I promise you, her author(s) made the best ingame sidekick personality ever.

One thing. I'm saying this from a perspective of male inquisitor. So there was no romance. Can't be sure if she's better or worse with "femshepard" and romance.

Yeah well I somehow became her friend on my third replay, and had cookies on the roof. Anyway she is still the worst NPC in the game, and my opinion wont change.

I also played with subtitles already turned on.;)

Here are five reasons why she is the best character according to a site called gamecrate.

Link- http://www.gamecrate.com/dragon-age-inquisition-5-reasons-sera-best-character-opinion/

After reading that I lost faith in the site permanently.:evilgrin:

Well if your opinion won't chage, I won't read gamercrate :p

I'm changing my top pick from PoE to StarCrawlers. I never heard of it, but saw a screenshot on the top right of the news page and checked it out and this game looks great. Also, I was told by a IE Engine combat fan that the combat in PoE isn't as good as the IE engine, which has some of the worst combat of any games I've ever played. So AoD is back on top, with StarCrawlers coming in a close second.

Not an RPG(AFAICT ATM) No Man's Sky, esp. IF they add oculus* support.

* yeah, I merry christmased myself with a DK2 this year. I'd wait for the consumer version as I can see every single pixel which is damned well annoying. (I wear glasses so it might not be as bad for people who don't need them...)

Unsung Story. Oh god...I feel the need for this game like a bowling ball of solid marble in my chest, weighing down my every step.

But also, Pillars of Eternity.

I'm really excited to get to see Squadron 42 and more of Star Citizen's planetside areas, but that's probably more like 2016...

Unsung Story. Oh god…I feel the need for this game like a bowling ball of solid marble in my chest, weighing down my every step.
I'm sad to say I'm losing faith in the developers of Unsung Story. Their updates on the games website, forum, and Kickstarter page are very infrequent.

I used to be very supportive of the game now I'm getting worried. They wouldn't even respond to our e-mails about doing a new interview this year.:disappointed:

You have a point, Couch. I suppose I'd forgotten about their lack of updates and their downright...either snobbery or avoidant behavior.

I hope it isn't vaporware. It would seriously ruin me.

And a lot of other people, probably. There's been a lot of anticipation over this one.

There's been a lot of anticipation over this one.
Why?

I noticed that I've backed it with $1. So it didn't convince me, but I was interested. Can't remember why. :)

Back
Top Bottom