What games are you playing now?

Did you ever play the first Crysis? I found Crysis 2 disappointing in comparison. It felt consolish and very linear compared to the first game imo. I thought it was a step backward in almost every way.

Almost? I can't think of a way it was NOT a step back ...

Back to playing Dungeon Siege 2, seems to be the game I go to when in between newer releases.
Ironic because Dungeon Siege 3 was on and off my system so fast but this one is a keeper and it was just supposed to be a bonus game more or less.

Did you ever play the first Crysis? I found Crysis 2 disappointing in comparison. It felt consolish and very linear compared to the first game imo. I thought it was a step backward in almost every way.

Crysis 1 had a strength in it's open environment which allowed for a more sandbox-like experience. A step back in almost every way sounds like hyperbole to me though. It's still more fun than average.

I got Crysis 2 mostly to get some eyecandy and stress test my newly overclocked + GTX670ed system a bit and wow, what a bland affair.

I mean yeah, the graphics are good when everything is set to DX11 Ultra with the hires textures (still prefer metro's level of detail, shaders and general art direction) but the game is too overstreamlined and tedious by itself. Six hours was the best I could get out of it before switching to the much fun to play King's bounty. A thoroughly bad purchase for me, alas. Metro at least has the setting/atmosphere/story to carry it forward... :-/

Metro at least has the setting/atmosphere/story to carry it forward… :-/

I do 1-2 levels per day now and if it wasn't for the story/setting/atmosphere I would probably skip it. Gamewise I find the game to be rather bad. Many good ideas but annoying save system and unreliable weapons. Shooting someone in the stomach 4 times with a magnum and they still stand up doesn't feel right. I enjoy when I can mess around a bit and at this moment Crysis 2 offers just that.

Yeah, can't say I was blown away by its gameplay like we were discussing on the other thread. Was a pretty good bargain at 8(?) euros though (iirc), sort of like a very nice and atmospheric interactive movie with some forgettable shooty bits in between ;) I may even replay it some time in the future, on that ranger mode, so that will make it even more so…

I expect the same from last light tbh, so I'll probably jump in around that price point…

I've finally gotten around to enjoying Planescape Torment after getting it from gog. And I must say I'm loving it quite a bit. It's very reading intensive. There are sessions where I spend 80-90% of the time just reading dialog, books or item descriptions. But it being very well written makes it a pleasure. I would have loved to have at least dialogs fully voiced as I've been spoiled by current gen rpgs, but alas there is just too much text to voice. Anyway I'm having a blast and I love Morte. What an original character. :D

Also I remembered again why I love the amazing Infinity Engine. The 2D hand-drawn graphics are just beautiful.

Last edited:
I'm about to start Dragon's Dogma. I was playing Age of Conan but I got sick of not being able to play because of how often the server is offline. So I'm starting Dragon's Dogma and really looking forward to it.

I am finding myself amazed over how rich Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker is in gameplay and story. Most games sold have 5-10% of it's content. I'm spending hours on just doing side-content and listen to radio banter which is often very well written.

Warlock: Master of the Arcane. It is a really addictive game, combining aspects from Age of Wonders 2-3, Civ, Majesty & Fantasy Wars (I've heard people compare it to Master of Magic, though I have not played that).

I was very disappointed by the Majesty tower-defense spinoff "Defenders of Ardania", it is an awful title by any measure, and was thinking that Warlock (which is the next spin off from the Majesty series) would be horrible as well.

Fortunately, besides your good words about it here it's getting generally good reviews! I'm gonna have to try it out myself, hoping for the best (opposable digits crossed)

I havent been playing any PC games lately, been laid up on the couch in pain last couple days playing Warhammer "Space Marine". Pretty fun action title for Warhammer fans.

Just started playing Max Payne.

I've seen enough positive feedback to make me want to play Max Payne 3, but I wanted to replay the first two games since it's been so long. I had almost forgotten how great the atmosphere and writing are in this game.

Just started playing Max Payne.

I've seen enough positive feedback to make me want to play Max Payne 3, but I wanted to replay the first two games since it's been so long. I had almost forgotten how great the atmosphere and writing are in this game.

Just don't hold Max Payne 3 to the standards of MP1 when it comes to atmosphere and writing. Sure the writing is ok and decent, but still not as good as the first one. But gameplay-wise it's grand.

I've had to restart Planescape Torment because I've installed all the fixes and resolution mods I didn't know about. But I kinda miss seeing all the environments close-up. And 1440x900 is still maybe a bit too high-res and things appear maybe a bit too small. But from what I can see that's the smallest I can get in supported resolutions that don't skew the image. 1280x800 should work since it's 16:10, but for some reason I get horizontal black bands while setup like that.

I've had to restart Planescape Torment because I've installed all the fixes and resolution mods I didn't know about. But I kinda miss seeing all the environments close-up. And 1440x900 is still maybe a bit too high-res and things appear maybe a bit too small. But from what I can see that's the smallest I can get in supported resolutions that don't skew the image. 1280x800 should work since it's 16:10, but for some reason I get horizontal black bands while setup like that.

I've never used a resolution higher than 800x600 for any Infinity Engine title. I always felt like I was missing out on certain details when the view was zoomed further out and everything was smaller.

I'm hoping Overhaul Games will make an enhanced edition for PS:T like they're doing for the BG titles. Some of the team members have already stated that they want to do it.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Overhaul-Games-Want-Do-PlaneScape-Torment-HD-Remake-40797.html

Looks like I am among rare people that don't have problem with high res mod for PS:T(playing in 1440X900).I still would like that overhaul very much.

On topic: I reinstalled Stalker shadow of Chernobyl few days ago with complete edition modpack(first time playing stalker moded).My impression was:wtf not a single bug am I really playing stalker.

I've never used a resolution higher than 800x600 for any Infinity Engine title. I always felt like I was missing out on certain details when the view was zoomed further out and everything was smaller.

I'm hoping Overhaul Games will make an enhanced edition for PS:T like they're doing for the BG titles. Some of the team members have already stated that they want to do it.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Overhaul-Games-Want-Do-PlaneScape-Torment-HD-Remake-40797.html

Nameless one said:
Looks like I am among rare people that don't have problem with high res mod for PS:T(playing in 1440X900).I still would like that overhaul very much.

I manage to set it to 1024x768 and I think its the best fit for myself. I can still see the close-up detail that I want from infinity-engine games and also avoid the jagged edges you something see.

And yeah, I'm also hopeful for that overhaul.

A quick question regarding infinity engine games on gog. Do the gog versions of IWD, BG, etc have any extra fixes than the retail boxed versions? I'm trying to decide whether to get them all in boxed or digital. Do I run the risk of not being able to run the retail versions on Win7 x64? If possible I'd like to get the boxed versions.

A quick question regarding infinity engine games on gog. Do the gog versions of IWD, BG, etc have any extra fixes than the retail boxed versions? I'm trying to decide whether to get them all in boxed or digital. Do I run the risk of not being able to run the retail versions on Win7 x64? If possible I'd like to get the boxed versions.

I don't know is there is any difference betwen boxed and digital versions I have GoG digital versions of BG,IWD,ToEE I didn't have any problems on win 7 x64.I also like boxes more but I have them from years they came out(discs stoped working after all those years unfortunately )that's why I chosen digital.

On topic: I reinstalled Stalker shadow of Chernobyl few days ago with complete edition modpack(first time playing stalker moded).My impression was:wtf not a single bug am I really playing stalker.

Have you previously finished Stalker unmodded? I was about to reinstall Stalker myself, and I was thinking installing the Complete mod as well. I've never played very far into Stalker though, and I was debating if I should play it with just a bugfix patch first.

Back
Top Bottom