Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride

Did they fix too the roster design in EO? Its design involves you making even more xp farming, at a point that it makes the roster design a void feature for most players and worse could make them get bored sooner.

I'm playing another roster RPG, Suidoken. If I understand well at end of the game your roster is of 101 companions, not sure but at least currently I have a roster of 12/15 ie quite more than I had in Etrian Odyssey and I have no problem of xp with the roster. When a character is lower level he level up very very fast to reach same level than companions.

I suppose it's the eternal same fight system. The version of Etrian Odyssey isn't bad compared to other but on one point, the fights are slow, a problem that has partially the FF series and other, but the DQ series doesn't have this problem, Suidoken has also fast fights but its fight system has also a lower quality.

The dungeon level design of EO needs improvement, It's not bad and there's some good tricks but it's often a little empty and repetitive and this weak design is somehow hidden by the regular random fights.

Now that i played the game for a reasonable length i can answer you lol. There is a roster, though really there is only one main character that you level up the others are just pokemon with no real stories to tell. And you can upgrade yoru monsters via fusion or levellign up them manually. It really isnt a problem in this.

Interesting so here the roster is managed unlike in Etrian Odyssey, I'll certainly play it, and if I don't finish because of some flaws it won't matter. In Suidoken DS (that I'm playing in // to EOB PC), I almost get stuck by one dungeon. I like this game but it has the most awful dungeons I ever seen and this one get a little bigger. It took me a week of small play time very boring. :biggrin: Thankfully dungeons are a minor part of the game and are usually small enough.

Back
Top Bottom