Wave of Darkness - 40 Hours Left to Get Funded

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
The next kickstarter update from Aurofinity & Dreamatrix mentions the game has less than two days to get funded, and goes into detail about the games elementals.

Less than two days to go, plus everything about Elementals!

Hi all! Wow - you people continue to be simply amazing! We've come so far, and are very close to the funding goal we can reach - together!

Less than two days is before us and Wave of Darkness may see the daylight thanks to you.

Please help us to accomplish our funding goal by sharing Wave of Darkness everywhere you can, and if your budget allows it, by increasing your pledge. We offer really cool rewards in every tier. Thank you!
be6861701a4f104dfc36d6ade2090ab2_original.jpg

And now, the new update regarding - Elementals

The World of Narr is in great danger, and it needs your courage again. On your epic journey you will encounter one of the most dangerous creatures that corrupted the land; the Elementals.

Nobody knows how exactly they appeared in Narr, but the tales from the elders indicate that the wicked wizards from the Danien lineage invoked a God Chernobog who brought nothing but evil and despair.

The ones who encountered the corrupted magic and managed to survive say the Elementals are made out of water, soil, fire and air, while the elders gave a name for each of them: Voda, Zemla, Vatra, Zrak. But not many survived to tell the tale.

The scouts from Djemen and Klesabia reported the sightings, the only one scholar from the Temples got back when the Fire Elemental attacked, while the blacksmiths from the underground mines never stood a chance. The underground is completely overrun by the Zemla's.

But those Elementals are just the beginning of the complete infestation.

An interesting fact: if you hit them properly, the parts are dropping off the Elementals, but they are still very dangerous until completely destroyed. Each of them has different magical powers (a special attack), so everyone who finds themselves close to the Elemental can be moving 20% slower, their health can be drowned, faith will disappear and similar.
More information.

As of right now they have 24 hours to come up with $79 so it looks like they made it. I backed LoD but didn't like it much. I ended up backing WoD because they do have passion and I believe they will get much better hopefully starting with WoD.

The game is now funded. :celebrate: I made a news-bit on the Front-Page.

Ya I kicked in my 15 bucks for this one I had fun with the first one and figured with the improvements this will be better. They did deliver on the first game even though it took them a while, and continue to support it so I figure they will get my support for this one too.

I wound up not pulling the trigger on LoD, and after release I felt like a dodged a bullet. However, seeing Iggy's posts here and their continued support for LoD made me feel comfortable enough to back WoD, even if it's probably going to inherit some issues from LoD. They seem to have a passion for what they do and a clear willingness to support their products and try to remedy mistakes. Hard not to give people like that a chance or two.

I wound up not pulling the trigger on LoD, and after release I felt like a dodged a bullet. However, seeing Iggy's posts here and their continued support for LoD made me feel comfortable enough to back WoD, even if it's probably going to inherit some issues from LoD. They seem to have a passion for what they do and a clear willingness to support their products and try to remedy mistakes. Hard not to give people like that a chance or two.
It is going to inherit all the problems they don't fix. So far they seemed to fix some, but one of the most irritating ones like same items of different levels not stacking seems to still there. There should not be same items of different levels in the game, especially not for simple items.

Also they added being able to hold mouse button and move in the direction you are holding it, but they still lack being able to use same button for moving and attacking and other things that are normal in aRPG gameplay since Titan Quest.
I don't want to move with a left mouse button next to enemy and then need to click and click right mouse button to attack. I want to move with left mouse button and when I get over the enemy I just start attacking with same mouse button.

The gameplay is like any aRPG out there but the UI and controls are terrible when compared. I rather spend my time playing Grim Dawn if I want this kind of gameplay.

As for Spellcasting system, in LoD it was weak. Maybe they improve it for WoD.
In LoD you could only cast single target projectiles, you could cast self buffs or self targeted AoE DoTs. All spell effects were weak for a game with aRPG gameplay.
There was no special attacks for non casters and even mana regeneration was super slow so most of the time you just right clicked on everyone after fighting with unnatural UI.

Or course if I am wrong about some of these things in current version of LoD someone can correct me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom