Dragon Age - Tutorial Videos (German)

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Two tutorial videos of Dragon Age (in German) have popped up at Youtube: here and here.
The first covers the background story of Dragon Age and the second shows combat.
More information.

Thanks for posting these. Looking forward to this game. Shame I don't know German but happy to watch at least.

These look very promising, especially the combat. If they'll just keep Marilyn Manson safely locked up, I'll start liking this again.

I was surprised when these were in German and I didn't see an English one. Still looks great ... can't wait.

Poor Manson getting so much grief for a song. I don't think he'll ever recover his rep in the RPG community ;)

As for the combat videos I liked them before and like these even more. Can't wait for this to be released.

I was surprised when these were in German and I didn't see an English one. Still looks great ... can't wait.

Because EA made the mistake to leave the English marketing job to Bioware. So while EA Germany makes informative videos about the game, all people get from Bioware are a few lousy pictures of a place in Ferelden plus a few lines of text, per week. Oh, and a video of disconnected scenes of frenetical slashing here and there.

Ah, but everybody knows that Germans love complex game systems with lots of numbers and statistics, whereas Americans love blood, sex, and Marilyn Manson. Right?

Ah, but everybody knows that Germans love complex game systems with lots of numbers and statistics, whereas Americans love blood, sex, and Marilyn Manson. Right?

I don't know.. maybe indeed a lot of Americans secretely yearn for much more sex since they live in a society that looks on sex like a product of Satan himself.
Blood and, to a lesser extent, MM - hmm, you can't ever have enough of those two there, can you?

Although, ultimately, it's about what Bioware *thinks* will appeal to English speaking people/parts of the world as opposed to what Americans really want to see. :)

The 720p versions look even better. ;)

The GameStar and now GamersGlobal founder said in his podcast that the console versions and the PC versions have identical content as far as he can say from the stuff they were allowed to play. But: the interfaces make the game feel different on PC and consoles. It feels more like a classic RPG on the PC and more direct on consoles. You feel closer to the action.

May I be a bit more extreme, perhaps ?

Quote changed by me:

"Ah, but everybody knows that Germans love complex game systems with lots of numbers and statistics, whereas Americans love blood, sex, and Charles Manson. Right?"

Must resist making New Shit joke :sweatdrop: Can't fight it. It is too strong.

Marilyn Manson is the new shit. Charles is soo the old shit....Whew, there I feel much better now. :dance:

This thread is going down the crapper real fast.

Have ... to... survive ... August...
Because September is going to be the awesome!

I think Chris P. (Biioware's community manager) said in a thread once over at the DA: O forums that the European Marketing were to be handled quite differently than the US marketing strategy; if not, it were implied. (as I understood it).

I don't why this is?

Maybe Bioware/EA think that the game will sell more on PC than on Xbox in Germany and vice versa for the US?

This thread is going down the crapper real fast.

Thanks PJ, that actually made me laugh out loud.

As for the marketing campaign being different. I would think that any marketing campaign would be different for other countries. Different cultures and all that.

I would of been happy if they just kept it to this kind of marketing. Showing exactly what the game has to offer.

All marketing is in one form or another misleading. Here is one of the "Meet The Champions" trailers for Blood Bowl. It doesn't really show how the game is played. It just has cut scenes and different attacks in game. Lots of flying goblins and goblins with chainsaws. A very misleading trailer if you ask me. Sorta like all those trailers from DA that just put together different cut-scenes. But we're talking about marketing here. It's all about how to get people to buy the product using any means nessesary.

As ol' Bill Hicks would say "If anyone here is from advertising or marketing, kill yourself."

Back
Top Bottom