RoA: Blade of Destiny HD - Ogredeath DLC

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Steam announces you can now download the Free Ogredeath DLC for RoA: Blade of Destiny HD. As usual here are the details.
Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny - Ogredeath DLC

Your quests through the legendary saga of the Northland continue in “Ogredeath” the latest DLC for Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny. Search for a missing member of Aventuria’s elite messenger team. Join a band of huntsmen as you brave the legendary beasts of Torkil’s Chasm. Navigate the exacting currents of the Great Bodir River. Compete against a skillful jester in a knife-throwing contest. Risking all for fame, fortune, forbidden pleasure, and more - the new challenges for this epic RPG will be no walk in the park.

Features

• New Dungeon/Quest "Torkil's Chasm"
  • New Quest "Beilunk Riders in trouble"
  • New Quest "Sweet Erika"
  • A Challenge near Bodir
  • Tavern event "Throwing Contest"
  • Four new encounters on sea
More information.

It is a free DLC as per the 1.33 changelog:

• Free-DLC “Ogredeath” released, with great help from our Betatesters, especially lunatic

It is a free DLC as per the 1.33 changelog:

• Free-DLC “Ogredeath” released, with great help from our Betatesters, especially lunatic
I just changed it before you replied. It's fixed now.^^

The developers made supreme efforts to get this game into a playable state and they succeeded.

Unfortunately their ability and talents are not enough to create a good game, this one sinks into mediocrity, takes us to a realm where fun dried up and we can witness how absolutely unfeasible the old Dark Eye RPG system is to create a fun modern game.

I learned a lot from Blade of Destiny HD and from its developers: How not to make a game. They demonstrate a prime example. No offense or hate meant of course, just assessing facts and being jubilant that I will try to do a different approach in my game.

If I'm seeing metacritic right, DA2 didn't have one reviewer calling it mediocre. But 7.
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/dragon-age-ii

That proves what?
:evilgrin:
Proves nothing except you hate DA II, and others do that's all. Nothing really newsworthy just read the Bioware threads.

I have yet to play this game, and think I'll wait for the next platinum release.:evilgrin:

I don't hate it.
Because of that game we got one of those things that turn things upside down - so many reviewers lost their credibility after selling their sorry arse to EA.
If DA2 didn't exist, we'd still believe in reviews from some sites.

But what is more important here is metacritic's take on RoA:
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/realms-of-arkania-blade-of-destiny
I don't see any reviewer there saying it's mediocre. Can't understand why the hate though, none of those reviewers, if I'm seeing it right, didn't actually finish the game. How can you write a review on something you've barely scratched?

I hear ya Joxer it's the same when a site reviews a game, and gives it a score it doesn't deserve. The part that makes it hilarious is a year latter they admit the game has flaws.

I'm looking at you Bioware and Bethesda games.o_O

As for finishing the game it should be a requirement, but lately many sites don't. That's why I prefer our member reviews over any other site.^^

But what is more important here is metacritic's take on RoA:
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/realms-of-arkania-blade-of-destiny
I don't see any reviewer there saying it's mediocre. Can't understand why the hate though, none of those reviewers, if I'm seeing it right, didn't actually finish the game. How can you write a review on something you've barely scratched?

Generally right, but in this dass misleading: Art release the could not be finished by most players because oft the bugs.

so what is the post mortem now that its been patched? i'm clueless and wrote this game off early. should i take another look?

Try it.
I did try and was not satisfied with the default party so I wanted to create my own, but it's… Not fun. So I stopped there.
Maybe I just have to get in a mood to do it.

Can't say what comes later, I did try to dance, sing, rob people… It does work, but… I wasn't happy with the character I've made. Simply not seeing a future potential in him and can't "impress" dice to make me one at least close to what I want.

Maybe you like the whole thing?
In fact, if you do create a decent starting party, make a savegame and please mail it to me. I'm not trying to have some godlike party already on level 1, but some that definelty looks ready for a random adventure. Thanks in advance!

Back
Top Bottom