Codemasters - Overlord: Fellowship of Evil

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Codemasters announced a new game for the Overlord series called Fellowship of Evil.

EVIL HAS A NEW FACE. WELL FOUR FACES, ACTUALLY. BUT WHO WEARS THE EVILIST? ER, EVILER? YOU DECIDE!

Thursday 23rd April (2pm UK) - Are you sick of RPGs casting you as a valiant bore? Do you need a fresh breath of putrid air in fantasy Action RPG gaming? Then it’s time to thank the dark Gods; everyone’s favourite pantomime of gaming evil has returned! After six years of scheming away in their darkest dungeons, the Codemasters development Minions have hatched their most diabolical gaming experience yet – Overlord: Fellowship of Evil, invading PlayStation® 4 computer entertainment system; Xbox One and the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft and Windows PC in 2015.

Boasting a devilishly good script written by the original’s award-winning scriptwriter Rhianna Pratchett, Overlord: Fellowship of Evil gives players a brand new, darkly comic quest to embark upon.

With the last true Overlord deceased, gamers take up the role of one of four Netherghūls. These brand new, suitably nefarious additions to the series are undead servants of the dark arts, determined to bring evil back to a world overrun by the forces of good.

But where’s the fun in smiting fools alone? Join the Fellowship, grab three of your most devious friends - locally or online - and gleefully unleash a wave of delightful destruction across the land. For the Master!

Are you the type of ne’er-do-well who thinks that friends are the disgusting product of weak-minded goody-goodies? Fear not! You can always choose to screw them over too - evil never plays by the rules!
They also released a new video developer diary this week.

More information.

Last edited:
Sees to be another game series ruined by a publisher once again.:disappointed:

Here is the reason why the developer made the game into this abomination.
"We’ve been scheming about a new Overlord for some time," Executive Producer Rob Elser said. "We really wanted to do something that would allow us be evil alongside our friends, instead of the normal heroics in every other game. The idea of playing as a team of bad guys commanding Minions to do our utmost bidding, while also causing chaos for each other, just really made us smile. And as you know, an Overlord game never takes itself too seriously."
Yes because a console-fied Co-op game is something we all want. I just wanted a proper Overlord sequel improved over the last two. Instead we get this new game.

I haven't been this disappointed since Sacred 3 was announced.:furious:

The only plus I can see is that Rhianna is the writer again, so the story at least should hit the Overlord beats.

Have part one and two in my library for a year now and still haven't found time to play them, so I don't know much about the franchise, but this looks like an ARPG at best and a multiplayer money grab/Magicka clone at worst.

I really liked Overlord 1 & 2. I even replayed them both last year.
Unfortunately, I don't like coop games. Even if you can play it as a single player, it is still designed as a coop game.
Evil always finds a way.

That video didn't even look like Overlord...

I kind of feel bad for the devs though, they were clearly asked to create that crap by some exec who made the decision by looking at some "analyst's spreadsheet" and which one of his IPs were not doing anything.

Back
Top Bottom