Legends of Eisenwald - Preview @ Gameranx

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Gameranx has a new preview for Legends of Eisenwald were they find a few faults, but in the end say the game has some good ideas.

Legends of Eisenwald is by no means a bad game but it can be a frustrating one and with future updates many of the gripes listed here may well be resolved. Still, playing the game leaves you with the distinct impression that it needs is a follow up to truly bring to reality Aterdux's impressive vision.
More information.

Reads more like a review of the game than a preview. Maybe the game as it stands is a "stepping stone" to what it will be on release: The game is still in beta, so hopefully Aterdux will be able to address some of the issues mentioned before release. Would be nice to get another Kickstarter update though (hint, hint).

Reads more like a review of the game than a preview. Maybe the game as it stands is a "stepping stone" to what it will be on release: The game is still in beta, so hopefully Aterdux will be able to address some of the issues mentioned before release. Would be nice to get another Kickstarter update though (hint, hint).

Yeah it does but the game is not officially released so they can't call it a review. As for another kickstarter that's good idea as the funding for the game is already gone.

Update- A Kickstarter update would be nice to. I need to put on my reading glasses.:blush:)

Last edited:
Yeah it does but the game is not officially released so they can't call it a review. As for another kickstarter that's good idea as the funding for the game is already gone.

Don't reckon they could do another Kickstarter (I was just asking for another update to their existing one :)), but I did hear that they had managed to obtain some additional funding from a third party - and according to the last update they just moved into a bigger office. So hope they can hold out on the release until it's ready, since it looks like a very promising game.

Even though I tend to avoid playing betas of the games I kickstarted, I got the urge to try this one out last night... I only played about an hour but Gameranx is absolutely right about movement on the map... hopefully it will be improved by release.

Apparently it has been selling pretty well via Steam Early Access so Aterdux is confident that they now have enough money to properly finish the game.

Back
Top Bottom