Witcher 3 - Mod Support Tools Confirmed

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Seems the Witcher 3 will also have Mod Support Tools as CD Projekt RED CEO Marcin Iwinski confirmed this week on a site called idigitaltimes. Here are the details.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will almost certainly be one of the best RPGs of this console era. Of course, The Witcher 3 is also launching on PC. With any open world title of this magnitude the anticipation is that the mod community will make a significant contribution to the game. During a demo event Thursday, CD Projekt RED CEO Marcin Iwinski confirmed mod support, including a toolset like REDkit, will be coming to The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.

“Yes, yes, yes we will. There will be an editor,” Iwinski said. “For Witcher 2 we released it quite late. For Witcher 3 it will be faster.”

The Witcher 2: Assassins Of Kings received the REDkit, an official modding toolkit released by CD Projekt RED, two years after the release. There’s no word yet on a timetable for The Witcher 3’s REDkit as Iwinski and his team have other commitments to honor with gamers before modding enters the picture. Namely, that The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt releases on time, in working condition and delivers one of the most epic RPG experiences possible. Of course, Iwinski knows it’s impossible to guarantee perfection with an open-world game.

“Look at Skyrim, the last patch was like two years after the release,” Iwinski said. “We want to make sure people have a great experience out of the box and I’m sure we’re going to deliver that. People are working around the clock to make sure everything works great.”
More information.

“Yes, yes, yes we will. There will be an editor,” Iwinski said. “For Witcher 2 we released it quite late. For Witcher 3 it will be faster.”

Quite late is almost an understatement. I'm going to bet that faster means one year after release...

I would hope for a 3-6 months delay, after the game release. The W2 editor came so late after the party that it wasn't really surprising to only see some fringe interest for it.

Still, this time there's a big difference : an open world; I'd venture that this feature alone will most probably motivate more potential modders.

And I hope you can do way more with it than you could with the W2 modding system...for all its complexity, it didn't seem very powerful...

(someone's welcome to correct me if I'm wrong)

And I hope you can do way more with it than you could with the W2 modding system…for all its complexity, it didn't seem very powerful…

(someone's welcome to correct me if I'm wrong)
Fine I will Aubrielle as you can do a lot of things with the mod tools. The problem was the mod tools are not easy to use for beginners, and many modders were not interested.

If I remember correctly only a few mods were released over the last two years.

Link - http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher2/?
Link - http://redkit.cdprojektred.com/index.php?c=files

I just hope the combat is good, the rest i have no bigger worries about..

Hmm, what would be good?, in your opinion.

I thought 1 and 2 both had good combat. 2 had some lag issues initially but they got them worked out.

Fine I will Aubrielle as you can do a lot of things with the mod tools. The problem was the mod tools are not easy to use for beginners, and many modders were not interested.

If I remember correctly only a few mods were released over the last two years.

Link - http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher2/?
Link - http://redkit.cdprojektred.com/index.php?c=files

Thank you for correcting me, Couch. ^.^

Though, you're right...I didn't see a whole lot of mods at all, and I don't think I ever saw any new textures or meshes...(though that's not the CK's fault, but the CK can determine how easy it is to import new assets).

Thank you for correcting me, Couch. ^.^

Though, you're right…I didn't see a whole lot of mods at all, and I don't think I ever saw any new textures or meshes…(though that's not the CK's fault, but the CK can determine how easy it is to import new assets).
Yeah it was mostly texture mods, but a few good mods with new content were released. My favorite was called Lykaon, and is only available for download in a Alpha version.

Link - http://thewitcherlykaon.tumblr.com/info

The developer Effigy2005 even got a job at CD Projekt.

Last edited:
Hmm, what would be good?, in your opinion.

I thought 1 and 2 both had good combat. 2 had some lag issues initially but they got them worked out.

Didn't really play Witcher 2 yet except for maybe 1-2 hours, initial feelings about the combat were so-so.. The first Witcher has a unique fighting mechanic, but imo it wasnt very good at all. I would prefer something in between Gothic 1-2 and Dark Souls.

Didn't really play Witcher 2 yet except for maybe 1-2 hours, initial feelings about the combat were so-so..

The first time I played The Witcher 2 I was sourly disappointed and quitting early and left bitter. I remember getting to finally fight and seeing quick time markers which made me spit out profanities, pretty much everything was just rubbing me the wrong way.

Then I played it again, about 2 years later right after replaying The Witcher 1, I don't know if patching changed a lot or if I was just more grounded in my expectations, but I went in ready to put up with the quick time crap and flaky combat and ended up blown away. Now it's one of those games that's a personal favourite for many reasons and you can't experience it all in one playthrough.

I'm not saying it doesn't have flaws both subjective and objective, though what game doesn't.

Basically if you're interested in The Witcher it's probably well worth giving another go, at least until you do most of or finish the Flotsam area.

Back
Top Bottom