Dragon Age - $7 Storage Fee and More @ Fidgit

It is still a commercial transaction, whether Digital Download or DLC matters not … at least when the universally greedy hands of the government are involved.

So you didn't grab the CE?

Yes, I have the CE. The retail CE doesn't include Warden's Keep.

You mean, unfortunately, because you neer really know if you are taxed or not?

In Denmark, sales or value tax are added to a product before its sold i.e. a game that costs 400 DKK have 100 DKK as (added) value tax. The store collects this money and send it back to the tax man (the government). Other countries add the tax, after the sale.

I actually like limited inventory, it's more realistic. But I would have preferred limitless inventory slots… with weight. That way, you can carry 3000 different seeds, but only 1 or 2 full plates in a backpack. Of course, you would then have pack horses and carts and such.

Even better!

Yes, I have the CE. The retail CE doesn't include Warden's Keep.

Thereby proving that all of this conditional inclusion crap STILL has me confused!

If people don't know persistent storage was actually a "dumbing down" and not limiting storage. In the past only simplified rpgs had unlimited storage or extra storage space beyond your inventory. You had to choose what to keep and what to get rid of and in some games you didn't have easy access (or access at all) to merchants so you would have to drop items. Anymore having the ability to drop items on the ground is useless since you have easy access to merchants and storage.

Thereby proving that all of this conditional inclusion crap STILL has me confused!

Don't feel alone. This has me confused as well. I'm picking up the collectors edition today and I have NO IDEA on which one it will be(Taiwan sometimes grabs the UK version and sometimes they get the American version of games). Why not just make one collectors edition and be done with it. I suppose it's a way to make an extra buck, but for god sakes don't nickle and dime the customer to death.

Make it simple. They should just say this, "Here this is what you get for buying the CE no matter where you are and this is the DLC we have available if you want it." When they start making it confusing is when people start getting pissed.

A question about bag extensions - I didn't notice the bags that the merchant had at Ostagar.. and now it's kinda too late :)

Should I go back to an early save and replay that section (I would rather not) or are bag extensions easily available elsewhere throughout the game? Is there a limit to how many bag extensions one can apply to the inventory.. like a final "max inventory size"?

Thanks!

I agree that this DLC scheme for DA: Origins has ben (IS!) very confusing. DLC needs to be simple and elegant; people understand how this concept work. Not this pre-order this game from Game and get XX items, preorder from Steam and get XXX items. Very confusing this is. I agree that WK should have been free for all CE versions of the game.

When taking about the CE version:

Apparantly, on the making of DA: Origins DVD (comes with the CE Version), Mike Laidlaw, talk about how the game was made, how to do combat; he also gives out good strategy advice on how to build a party etc.

A question about bag extensions - I didn't notice the bags that the merchant had at Ostagar.. and now it's kinda too late :)

Let me just say that wasn't a mistake I made on either of my OTHER characters after doing the same with the first ;)

Bags are available elsewhere, such as your camp.

Yep, I keep posting this, but it seems important.

You can get 2 from Ostagar Quartermaster. One before going into the Wilds, one after. 55silver each. The one from your camp which you can buy right after the Ostagar battle is over 7 gold. So thats a huge price increase. You want to get those first 2 bags.

Cool ... have to check into it tonight!

Back
Top Bottom