Titan Quest - 7 Reasons Why To Play

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Load Game has a new article with seven reasons why everyone should play THQ’s ARPG Titan Quest. I already have many years ago what about the rest of you?

Back when Titan Quest was first released (more than eight years ago!), I didn’t pay much attention to it. I still remember how some of my friends were excited about it even after 20 hours in, but I continued to shrug it off as yet another Diablo II clone. A few days ago, I sold some of my Steam trading cards and noticed that I had managed to make enough dough for both Titan Quest and its expansion, The Immortal Throne. I thought “Ah, what the hell; let’s go for a few rounds”. To my surprise, I almost instantly fell in love with the game’s action, lore, and overall art-style. Because of this, here are seven reasons why everyone should give this one a chance, especially if they’re fans of the hack-and-slash A-RPG genre.
More information.

Couchpotato said:
I already have many years ago what about the rest of you?

Of course!

It's like a good version of Grim Dawn.
I don't mean to be harsh but GD is getting like a 6/10 SirJames score so far. :(

Of course!

It's like a good version of Grim Dawn.
I don't mean to be harsh but GD is getting like a 6/10 SirJames score so far. :(
Is Grim Dawn that bad?

I never played the Alpha or Beta version yet as I'm waiting to play the final version. So I hope Crate Entertainment finally finish it sometime early next year.

Is Grim Dawn that bad?

I never played the Alpha or Beta version yet as I'm waiting to play the final version. So I hope Crate Entertainment finally finish it sometime early next year.

I messed around with beta and I don't think it's bad.It's ok but same like Titan quest I think it will need some mods to be great.

I tried to get into Titan Quest on two occasions, but they both ended in boredom. Both the skills and the locales simply failed to grab my interest.

like a relationship. you shouldn't go in one unless you know yourself first

I played Titan Quest quite a bit back in the days. It's a good hack'n slash, with quite interesting character building. I liked their system for combining classes.

Compared with Darkstone, which has been evoked here recently, Titan quest is, as someone said earlier : "dull, linear and repetitive". I found it entertaining for a couple of hours then shelved it till then. The only reason I purchased and played it was its uncommon and attractive -to me- setting. Games set in ancient Greece are way too rare to ignore when one appears.

I'm not a great fan of the Diablo style "loot lottery" type of game in general. However, once in a while I do succumb to that addiction. I played Titan Quest (and Immortal Throne expansion) a lot more than I'd care to admit.

I would say that Titan Quest probably is the only game on par with Diablo II and Diablo III in that particular genre.

So, if you know that you are prone to a certain kind of addiction, stay away. :biggrin:

I hesitated to post this, because I do not like posting anything negative (I prefer not to post), but nevertheless I am going to add to those who say that the game is somewhat boring. It wasn't terrible at all, though. (See, I had to say something "nice.")

Back
Top Bottom