Borderlands - Gameplay Trailer

woges

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
As JDR13 pointed out in the forum Gearbox have a new gameplay trailer out for Borderlands.

There's an interview with publisher president Christoph Hartmann on the title at Gamespot.
More information.

Plz have it be on consoles-only, cause we ARE going to pirate it.
How can one buy a game that's going to be stupid?

I'd have to say that the only thing "stupid" around here at the moment is your post. If you don't like the way the game looks that's fine, but talking about how *you* would "pirate" it is just plain ignorant.

my god, this game looks mind-numbingly stupid.

I have no idea the point of this post....what the hell does that even mean?

As to the game itself it looks like some mindless fun...maybe more who knows.

Game looks sort of amusing, but not really my style.

The pirate comment was a bit out of place, but whatever :)

The not really cell shaded look is quite interesting looking but the game itself doesn't appeal.

..."that's going to be stupid?"

Its from gearbox software in case you didn't notice. Who are they? A talented developer who makes games better than stupid.

How can you tell what a game is going to be like when all they release is information about combat.

We know virtually nothing about the story and quest system since (like most companies anymore) they only focus on the combat, graphics, and equipment. Either we will have to wait till later or when the game is released to learn more about most of the game.

my god, this game looks mind-numbingly stupid.

Funny comment - I appreciate it.

As far as the game goes, it looks nothing like what's been hyped in the past. However it looked sorta cool when the 4 heroes were back to back shooting monsters. Still, this looks like a game that I will either have to wait for word of mouth or pick in the oh so common dry spells of RPGs.

Sorry for the obscure post, ill try to be clearer.

Borderglands *looks like it's gonna be* a really demented game... call it a hunch. It's got all the serious sam + L4D aroma to it.
As of late when a game is this demented they make it a console exclusive, cause only console people are more than willing to buy demented games. :)
So if the S.Co. mulishly intends to release a demented game on PC that's usually when we warm up our downloading proggies.

I trust it's clearer now, see i was trying to point out the retardations of programmers and console players. :)

BUT
i'd be more than glad to be prooved fallacious in my above-explained thesis if this turns out to be the new Fallout, what with the 1 million choices+consequences situations and thousands of endings it's going to have between the anatomical part-reminding mutated monsters REALLY "exciting" fights.

Looking great, not too many co-op games out there, and especially not co-op with RPG elements. I really like the art style too. Hopefully it'll be good.

Sorry for the obscure post, ill try to be clearer.

Borderglands *looks like it's gonna be* a really demented game... call it a hunch. It's got all the serious sam + L4D aroma to it.
As of late when a game is this demented they make it a console exclusive, cause only console people are more than willing to buy demented games. :)
So if the S.Co. mulishly intends to release a demented game on PC that's usually when we warm up our downloading proggies.

I trust it's clearer now, see i was trying to point out the retardations of programmers and console players. :)

BUT
i'd be more than glad to be prooved fallacious in my above-explained thesis if this turns out to be the new Fallout, what with the 1 million choices+consequences situations and thousands of endings it's going to have between the anatomical part-reminding mutated monsters REALLY "exciting" fights.

Why is it when you are dealing with the supposed pinacle of rpg enthusiasts they always feel the need to use words that are not commonly used, almost like they need to prove to us they are intelligent. Its weird and quirky and a bit creepy.

Well, I, for one, will be giving this game a try. Action RPG's can sometimes be fun, and this looks different enough to get my interest.

I'd have to say that the only thing "stupid" around here at the moment is your post. If you don't like the way the game looks that's fine, but talking about how *you* would "pirate" it is just plain ignorant.

Pirates are teh ones who are mostly responsible for any negative PC gaming trend, I feel no shame calling pirates unabashed idiots and THANKS for ruining our genre!

As for the game, I like the stylized graphics and will have some nice fun with this simple action-RPG.

I am having a lot of fun with Left 4 Dead - 380 multiplayer gaming hours yet. If Borderlands is similar and fun - I'll play it.

Play Left 4 Dead on 'Expert' and it is NOT mindless shooting anymore - you have to use a lot of different tactics to survive.

Back
Top Bottom