Lord British Ultimate RPG countdown!

I came, I saw, I'm not terribly excited.

The multi-player aspect doesn't scare me much. Borderlands and Borderlands 2 were both made for co-op play but singleplayerable and I had fun playing solo on those. It's just that there's no real hook here at all. I think he needs to give us some serious background on the kind of story that's going on here and the kinds of choices we're going to be making.

P.S. Singerplayerable: a game designed for multiple players but can still be played by a single player. You heard it here first! ;)

P.S. Singerplayerable: a game designed for multiple players but can still be played by a single player. You heard it here first! ;)

Is that even possible. Wow and any other online game played solo on your own private serer is usually bland and boring.

Is that even possible. Wow and any other online game played solo on your own private serer is usually bland and boring.

It isn't designed as a mmo only, it is designed to be played either solo or mp...

I came, I saw, I'm not terribly excited.

The multi-player aspect doesn't scare me much. Borderlands and Borderlands 2 were both made for co-op play but singleplayerable and I had fun playing solo on those. It's just that there's no real hook here at all. I think he needs to give us some serious background on the kind of story that's going on here and the kinds of choices we're going to be making.

that's funny,

and so far the best argument I've heard against not jumping all over to buy this. It will get made and will be a day one buy for me. U9 was a day 1 buy for me and I waited a year before I played it! Music made me sad too.

Interesting that he takes the risk of ignoring the will of the people to make the game he wants. The only way I wouldn't buy it is if stuffed microstransactions down my throat. DDO is ok for that - if it doesn't try to force it should be ok.

--
This is making the front page Google News. Caught this great article on more insight into Akalabeth

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2013/03/akalabeth/

Apparently he saved the original hand made packages of the game and numbered them individually before they were snuck off to a publisher. AND the code for the dungeons in U1 is the same code.

It isn't designed as a mmo only, it is designed to be played either solo or mp…

Yes and usually one aspect affects the other. I'm interested in how he will pull this off. I wont pledge. I'll wait for the final product to judge and decide.

I have other kickstarter rpg's that have my interest right now.:)

There was another dev comment on how they were told by other successful games that they should only give out so much info at a time so they could give good updates...so I am assuming that they are coming.

So rich people can buy themselves a nobility title, a mansion and pay no taxes? How wonderfully realistic.

Back
Top Bottom