Witcher Just finished Autopsy...

The Witcher

Jabberwocky

True Synaesthete
Well I'm quite behind due to losing save games but finally overtook my previous progress in the story. Just finished the Autopsy in chapter 2. Quite interesting. The dialogue choices greatly affect the outcome. I wasn't exactly happy with the way it turned out, so I reloaded just to see what would happen. I worked through three different conclusions, and the third was one that I thought was the coolest. Plus it provided an answer to what I thought previously was a bug:

Geralt's medallion vibrating when in the prescence of the detective.

I also noticed that the different conclusions offered different experience rewards, because of solving/ updating certain quests.

I don't want anyone to spoil the surprises ahead of me based on the outcome of my investigation, but I'm wondering if there are different degrees of game difficulty based on the decisions I made here??

And furthermore this illustrates to me why this game is so deserving of a writing award. I wouldn't have this much fun with any "whodunnit" adventure game!

I got to the autopsy after the fact and almost by accident, and didn't actually have to do it to advance the plot, but did it anyway out of curiosity and it really helped things make sense I thought. I'm already starting to forget way too much about the game to be absolutely sure, but I don't think your choice here will make things much harder. I think certain choices lead certain directions and exclude others though.

I'm kind of waiting for them to release the tool kit and hopefully with it the free additional content they spoke of, which I'm crossing my fingers is still on the books.

I'm glad you looked on the loss of your saves as an opportunity in disguise, Jabberwocky. ;)

Well, a bit of "yes" and "no" Jabberwocky.... All branches eventually lead to the same place - since "no". But if you accuse a wrong person or right person at the wrong time your further progress might vary from "a bit more difficult" to "extremly short" :)

Back
Top Bottom