Skyrim - First "In-Game Look" Coming

You said you don't play shooters, as if perks came from that genre.

This means you have zero experience with that which you're complaining about.

I am complaining because i wanna play a TES game , i do have experience on TES games and don't like bastardising the series with shit from other games.

Okay, then it's the old shit in new bottles ("Old Wine in new bottles", like a German proverb says) ?

Tragos: Did you know that every TES game has been vastly different from each other. That means there isn't much of a strict tradition in these games. (except the parts they don't change) Adding perks (which were already there) is a small change compared to other changes between previous games. An example is changing from an experience based system to a use based system between Arena and Daggerfall. Another example are the vast changes made between Daggerfall and Morrowind from removing the content generation to lowering the scale drastically.

Definitely looking forward to seeing this game in motion, especially the npc and creature animations. There's only so much you can judge from screenshots...

It's the old shit that might be a new hit.

Doesn't even matter with the die hard fan base they will buy it regardless and praise it as the holy bible of gaming. Meanwhile it will take mods just to finish it.Typical Bethesda game I love there games but without mods they dont feel finished. Hopefully I can finish half the game before getting bored.:bored:

The shit you have no idea what is?

Give me a break ,Torchlight has perks in the skill tree that add bonuses , they do work in simplified aRPG games but i believe they are extremely limiting to a cRPG because not everything is about damage , stealth and spell casting ; more skills make more varied characters than any bonus modifier ever will.

Tragos: Did you know that every TES game has been vastly different from each other. That means there isn't much of a strict tradition in these games. (except the parts they don't change) Adding perks (which were already there) is a small change compared to other changes between previous games. An example is changing from an experience based system to a use based system between Arena and Daggerfall. Another example are the vast changes made between Daggerfall and Morrowind from removing the content generation to lowering the scale drastically.

True that the games are different but from what i see the watering down keeps on . My point is that nothing can compensate for the removal of skills and what drives me to outrage is that they are not doing to in order to deliver a better game.

Give me a break ,Torchlight has perks in the skill tree that add bonuses , they do work in simplified aRPG games but i believe they are extremely limiting to a cRPG because not everything is about damage , stealth and spell casting ; more skills make more varied characters than any bonus modifier ever will.

True that the games are different but from what i see the watering down keeps on . My point is that nothing can compensate for the removal of skills and what drives me to outrage is that they are not doing to in order to deliver a better game.

You really have no idea but you stubbornly push forward.

I'm going to start complaining about Madden games even though I never played one.

I like how there are 3 pages of discussion on a post about 'some stuff coming soon!' on a niche RPG site.

Damn but Bethesda's PR machine is effective. Love them, hate them, it's irrelevant. People just can't help talking about them.

I'm friends with a couple of Devs, well we talk a couple times a year, and this Dev was super glad that they announced Skyrim just 11 months before release instead of two years like Oblivion. So while we'll be bombarded with hype, this time it's "only" 11 months worth :)

Even to this fanboy, it'd be kinda funny if they had a countdown and then got hacked and the site was down when they were supposed to "show off" :)

Even if the site crashed, it's a pretty good evaluation point for how many people are actually interested in the game.
Later edit: LOL, GameTrailers posted the Official Trailer of the game 35 minutes ago :D

Nothing to really judge atm. Lets see if they improve from the last one, then again thats not much of a feat to do.

That looks great!

It seems 3/4 of the people on this board only post to complain about something. So I'll do it too! My only critique of what I've seen is that I'm not a huge fan of the northern, snowy, "Nordic" looking setting. But that's just some personal bias and opinion on my part.

This looks to me like it was influenced by the Gerorge R. R. Martin books that take place in the north beyond the big ice wall.

Back
Top Bottom