Original Sin - Twitch TV Session Summary

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
A brave Larian forum member has summarized the recent Twitch TV session for the beta version, just in case you missed the session.

Here is something on the starting classes that you can choose from:

Preset classes:
Wizard – Focuses entirely on magic.
Battlemage – Crossbreed between a wizard and a warrior. Melee attacks and spell-weaving.
Cleric – Hard-hitting healer.
Enchanter – Control mage - Crowd control spells.
Fighter – Straight-up fighter.
Knight – A Fighter who can heal and inspire fellows. has the Courageous talent (Cannot be Feared).
Ranger – ranger, focuses on ranged weapons
Rogue – backstabber (starts with invisibility spell, lockpicking, sneaking)
Shadowblade – Rogue/assassin who knows magic.
Wayfarer – a ranger/mage hybrid
Witch – focuses on darker magic, curses, necromancy

The Wizard and Witch classes weren't explicitly mentioned, but the first is in, and the second probably is as well.

More information.

Wait, no Bard? I always love to play the eloquent and charming Bard...

I played a bit in the alpha with the Cleric and Knight. I liked both of them. Although, if the Knight get a heal now (in the started kit, because you can build the character how ever you like), I'm going to switch the Cleric for something else.

Maybe the Ranger or Wayfarer.

Didn't play alpha but speaking about classes, knight will never be my choice. It looks like paladin and I don't play paladins. Unless it's a partymember optional NPC who has his personal quest, I'll take him temporarily just to solve that one. :D

On the other hand, shadowblade? Thief/mage from DDO? I'm in!

To me this doesn't look like a (polished) realease on 25th.

To me this doesn't look like a (polished) realease on 25th.

huh? Have they released the 1st beta content already, I though the patch was coming this Friday.

I played a bit in the alpha with the Cleric and Knight. I liked both of them. Although, if the Knight get a heal now (in the started kit, because you can build the character how ever you like), I'm going to switch the Cleric for something else.

I always play Paladin like chars, because I think they are the most interesting. But this description makes the cleric look like a watered down knight... Why should I play a cleric if I could play a knight?

I always play Paladin like chars, because I think they are the most interesting. But this description makes the cleric look like a watered down knight… Why should I play a cleric if I could play a knight?

Not sure how the started kits looks in the next patch, but in the previous build they were D&D Paladin (Knight: greatsword, plate armor, warrior buff) and Cleric (mace/shield, water-heal, fire-cleanse).

It's more a question of what gear you want to start with really, you are free to build you character how ever you want after that.

Back
Top Bottom