Naah. Itz DU & Co. pulling our collective leg again. The letter they cooked up mirrors the one in GoG.com when they went down for the time of upgrade. I've found it on the Kotaku's site:

http://kotaku.com/5642141/what-happened-to-good-old-games

My guess is - they are finally upgrading - changing the database, server and stuffies. Unless there is some major explosion they should be back online in a few days.
Makes sense actually when you compare both the codex ang gog's farewell message.
Pricks.

Finally, it took its sweet time.

..this is going to be similar to when they kicked a whole shitload of lunatics out of the asylums back in the '80s.

And that's fine - should liven this place up a little w/ an infusion of kult edginess :biggrin:

Aw. Guess I will have to turn to angryjoe for all my hardcore pc rpg review needs. :end:

Nice lampooning, I only recognized the GOG letter on my second read.

Also, what is the point of that stupid Internet counter stuff? Is it just like those click-based Web/Facebook minigames where enough clicks make you a vampire or a made man? It only ever looked like some dumb form of pointless circle jerking to begin with. Not like I feel like trying to invest time to understand what it's actually about.

@Jaesun

Jaesun, you furious flaming fa*! At least have decency to link Codex's main page to this thread!

What a crummy Christmas present.

Goatfuck, and here I was ready to hand out my (crappy) gifts to KKKodexers … I hope the update won't take too long.

Back
Top Bottom