Underworld Ascendant - Update #11 & #12

Single or multi character? They should have mentioned some of these gameplay fundamentals instead of just talking about an old game not everyone has experienced

Pretty sure it is single character as you play the Avatar; transported from Earth into the underworld. BTW, you folks need to donate more to this kickstarter. I really don't want to give them another $134,000 :D

Single or multi character? They should have mentioned some of these gameplay fundamentals instead of just talking about an old game not everyone has experienced

I think it is pretty obvious with what they are talking about that it is single character...

Backed at Journeyman level.

First crowdfunded project I've backed in quite some time. I never played UU much because I discovered it too late, and I'm not a huge Ultima fan, but this looks just interesting enough.

First crowdfunded project I've backed in quite some time. I never played UU much because I discovered it too late, and I'm not a huge Ultima fan, but this looks just interesting enough.

Think fantasy System Shock with stats and dialogue :)

Sounds good. I tried to get into the original game a few years back, but it was just too dated for me. As popular as they seem to be, I'm surprised no one has attempted some hi-res conversions of UU 1&2.

First crowdfunded project I've backed in quite some time. I never played UU much because I discovered it too late…

Like DArtagnan said, think of the Underworld games as System Shock set in a dungeon.
Paul Neurath founded Blue Sky/Looking Glass; He and his team created the Ultima Underworld, System Shock and Thief games… and he's got the original team back together to create Underworld Ascendant. Considering that those are some of the most beloved PC games ever, I think it's worth backing at more than the Journeyman level… Avatar level for me. :)

Sounds good. I tried to get into the original game a few years back, but it was just too dated for me. As popular as they seem to be, I'm surprised no one has attempted some hi-res conversions of UU 1&2.

There have been several attempts, but none were ever taken to completion. I used to follow all of them and was very disappointed when each one failed. That's one reason that I'm really excited about this game!!

I decided to up my support level to Avatar overnight. With 471,000 of 600,000 accumulated so far and just over two weeks to go, we could be barely scraping over the line at this rate. Let's hope the final fortnight experiences an increase in fundage speed. *makes up a Rel Tym Por spell and casts it!*

For all of the members that have never experienced an Ultima Underworld style of game-play; think of an immersive environment purely set underground, with an TES perspective, a far more interesting dungeon design and a higher level of near Ultima 7 like interactivity and you're approaching the idea. Trust me, if you're a fan of first person RPGs, you'll want to support and experience this. :)

Last edited:
For all of the members that have never experienced an Ultima Underworld style of game-play; think of an immersive environment purely set underground, with an TES perspective, a far more interesting dungeon design and a higher level of near Ultima 7 like interactivity and you're approaching the idea. Trust me, if you're a fan of first person RPGs, you'll want to support and experience this. :)

That sounds divine. I own the game on GOG, maybe I'll install it soon and check it out.

Back
Top Bottom