Two Worlds 2 'Review'

Oh, you mean like the island that has only an ostrich on it. When you kill the ostrich it drops 50 magic cards. Stuff like that?

Haha - wow - well I guess I missed that one. But had I found it, it would have been useless to me as I made a melee character, though interesting nonetheless.

TW2 does have some interesting things about it. But they are just too few and far between, imho.

Once in a while you come across game which has so many faults yet you want to keep on playing it. You can't stop! Well to me Two Worlds 2 is a such a game! Based on the negatives reviews (mostly correct) I wasn't planning to buy this game but bought it for the goodies which came with Royal Edition and I am now glad that I bought it!

1. The games causes my GFX to overheat and causes the PC to restart. I can't really blame the game for this because my PC case is crap and power supply is even worse (ATI 4800 512MB and 360 PSU). I have to reduce the setting way down, in order to play. Oddly enough I played The Witcher 2 at high setting without this issue.

2. The overland worlds feels as though it has been designed for MMO. It does not come close to the Gothic/Risen games but lot more interesting than Oblivion, however the later is "prettier".

3. Exploration isn't really rewarded and the loot you get is nothing to write home about. However the loot you get as part of quests are decent. The Royal Edition comes with a code for Dragon Scale armour. Don't use it! It is the best armour in game!

4. Voice acting is really bad and the writing is also bad in places. However I enjoyed the humour and the plot. Many of the quests are really interesting and I enjoyed the story lines in them.

5. I loved their cave an tomb designs. I have not seen anything like them in other games of this type.

6. Combat is challenging and I liked their levelling system. You have enough variety is monsters and liked the resistance system as well.

To me the game feel as though it has been made by people have lot of passion for what they are doing but lack some talents to pull it off to very high standards. Its bit like an indie move, the passion of the movie maker rubs on to you and you keep on watching till the end while overlooking the flaws.

The sad thing about all of this is that, you can't really judge a game by the reviews! You have to buy it and play for yourself to really judge a game! I think once Skyrim is out of the way, I will buy the expansion for this game and even the first game as well.

kinda sounds like my adoration for the original game. It kinda sucks, but it has a lot of good qualities that add up to it just being fun to play.

Back
Top Bottom