Gothic 3 Sacks of wheat

Benedict

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor
Grrrrr. The sacks of wheat quest, montera . . . . what am I missing? I've picked up sacks from around the farm, I've rescued some from the grain thieves and I'm still about 2 short :( Are there any hidden anywhere stupid or hiding in the grass or something?

Grrrrr. The sacks of wheat quest, montera . . . . what am I missing? I've picked up sacks from around the farm, I've rescued some from the grain thieves and I'm still about 2 short :( Are there any hidden anywhere stupid or hiding in the grass or something?

Hmm good question - it's the only quest I never completed and still had at the end of the game...and I searched the complete montera-area more than once for that^^

It's damned annoying. I'm tempted to slaughter everyone on the farm to teach them not to be so bloody slack in filling the sacks.

There is a total of 16 sacks, 1 more than you need: 10 on the farm, and 6 near the bandits.

a few on the farm are pretty hard to spot, look around at every spot on the farm and don't forget the upper section of the mill ;)

I completed this quest first time through without trouble. After latest patch, I couldn't find the last one.

I did, although I didn't find 16 anymore, I only found 15. They probably removed one so you wouldn't have one too many.

i have another problem related to this - i can't find the bandits' hide-out.. i run around, bumping into the crazy rebel who is into slaughtering the cows and some snappers but not the grain thieves.. where are they? :)

This is difficult to describe but I'll try. You need to leave Montera through the gate that leads to the farms. Leave the farms behind you and follow the road. I think the road actually ends at some point and you will come upon a small hill with green glowing emerald-like stones (kind of reminiscent of some places in Gothic 2... like that stone circle in the forest where you go with Lares). If you head straight or a bit to the left from here you will get to Okara (and Gotha if you go fully to the left) but if you head to the right towards the rocks you will find the thieves and a cave behind them. Just stay close to the mountain wall on the right side (this should be the Northern side, I think) and you can't miss it. It's not even very far from Montera. Maybe a minute of normal run speed from the farms (probably less).
Alternatively, don't stay on the road but from the farm to the right side of the road (that should be the one with the windmill IIRC) head straight to the mountain/rock wall on your right and just keep going staying close to the wall. Then you can't miss the thieves. They are hiding in front of that cave entrance that is (naturally) an opening in said rocks/mountains.

thanks Moriendor, i ran straight out from Elber's farm and crossed the road.. no wonder i didn't find anything other than some snappers and ripperbeasts.. i even accidentally reached Gotha and liberated Gorn. :)

That was one of the most annoying 'simple fetch quests' I can recall ...

i have managed to kill all the bandits & retrieve the sacks. however there is a cave behind the hide-out which has some mine-crawlers.. where does the cave leads to? and is there a quest attached to this group of mine-crawlers?

i have managed to kill all the bandits & retrieve the sacks. however there is a cave behind the hide-out which has some mine-crawlers.. where does the cave leads to? and is there a quest attached to this group of mine-crawlers?

That cave is great for getting tons of XP. It's fairly difficult since there are a lot of tougher monsters beyond the minecrawlers but you can definitely do it at low levels (I think my char was somewhere between level 8-12) if you kite the critters to take them on 1 vs 1. I don't think that there is a quest attached to the cave. I cleared it and got no "quest completed" message. The cave also doesn't lead anywhere as far as I can remember. It's basically circular-shaped and as soon as you enter the main hall of the cave you can either take the clockwise or counter-clockwise round trip. Have at it! You won't get that much XP in such a short time too often :) .

Back
Top Bottom