Risen 2 Risen 2: The temple of air - third DLC

Its a sad state when company's who never used or made dlc jump on the bandwagon. Part of me wonders if its PB or the publisher Deep Sliver who required it.

Cause you know it's the in thing and every game must have dlc or cut content sold later you now.:p

I've not been following Risen 2, since I haven't played Risen yet. I've read about Pirates, so are there ship to ship battles in the game?

I've not been following Risen 2, since I haven't played Risen yet. I've read about Pirates, so are there ship to ship battles in the game?

You're not going to be in control of the ship and there'll be no ship combat. The ship just serves as a home base to "store" your companions (think KotOR or Drakensang River of Time) while you lie at anchor at one of the islands.

You're not going to be in control of the ship and there'll be no ship combat. The ship just serves as a home base to "store" your companions (think KotOR or Drakensang River of Time) while you lie at anchor at one of the islands.

Thanks, Risen/Risen2 really isn't on my horizon but I do sometimes enjoy shipboard combat. Had to make sure I wouldn't be missing out. I was unimpressed with what Two Worlds Two called a pirate themed expansion. It kinda sounds like R2 is more of the same. I loved Sea Dogs and Sid Meir's Pirates!

Yeah, Risen 2 is a bit of a strange pirate game ;)

- A pirate game with your own ship but you never get to control the ship and there is no ship combat or navigation or anything like that at all...
- A pirate game without swimming or diving even though there are beautiful beaches and lagunas in the game...
- A pirate game without a drinking animation even though drinking grog and rum is a major gameplay element because the drinks restore health or mana...

Back
Top Bottom