Dark Souls III - Release Date & Bloodborne Inspiration

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
The release date for Dark Souls 3 has been set to March 24, 2016. That is, if you live in Japan and have a Xbox One or PS4. No dates have been announced for the PC version or any other location besides Japan.

In addition GamesRadar have an article about how the limitations of Bloodborne inspired the new Dark Souls game.

"Because of the character of Bloodborne’s gameplay, its battle style, as well as the role-playing elements, it’s limited compared to the Dark Souls franchise," he explains. "It doesn’t necessarily mean Bloodborne was bad. However, while working on [it] I realised, I want to [create] something which has a wide range of battle styles, or features magic, or those things which allow players to wear awesome armour. Those elements are what actually made me come [back] to the Dark Souls franchise." We can't wait, even if does mean we'll eventually be crushed by another monstrous Miyazaki menagerie.
The entire article is in their GamesMaster magazine, which can be downloaded for free on iOS and Android apparently.

Thanks Eye.

More information.

Hopefully late april/early may for pc and not something like 6 months delay :lol:; anyway this with deus ex and xcom 2, 2016 starts nice :D

I know, right? As big as this series is you think they'd just develop English simultaneously.

I know, right? As big as this series is you think they'd just develop English simultaneously.

From Software are very Japanese. None of them speak any English!

Translation work is done at the end when the texts are all finalised, etc.

On the plus side souls game of have about 6 words of dialogue and 2 of them are combat grunts, so it shouldn't take long.;)

Looking forward to this one. I'm one chalice dungeon away from platinum in bloodborne so I'll definitely be ready by the time it comes out.

On the plus side souls game of have about 6 words of dialogue and 2 of them are combat grunts, so it shouldn't take long.;)

I dunno, Dark Souls has the highest count of unique voice actors saying "heh heh heh" IN THE WORLD. That can't be easy knowing how much of a perfectionist Miyazaki can be.

Dark Souls had a variety of NPCs with memorable voice acting; some of the lines of dialogue had that pensively bleak and reflective quality which added a good deal to the setting.

The Cresfallen Warrior for example at Firelink has practically been a trope that started in Demons Souls and continued into DS2. If the pattern is anything to go by, we're due to encounter more of that memorably sarcastic fatalism yet into the third game. :)

Back
Top Bottom