Faery Tale - for the Amiga

blatantninja

Resident Redneck Facist
Anyone on this site ever play the Amiga title "Faery Tale"?

I was reading the most recent ARS article in the Amiga history series (ARS) which is about games on the Amiga.

I was amazed looking at just the graphics of the game how advanced it was for the time (not that I should be amazed at how advanced anything was on the Amiga!). I really thought that Ultima VI had pioneered the 3-D Isometric view, but Faery Tale came out years before, when Ultima V was still in development!

Anyway, I thought it might be fun to download this game and an Amiga emulator and try it out. Anyone played it before?

I played it when it came out in '87 or whatever but I don't remember too much about it.

Oh yeah, one of my favorites back in the day.

I even remember the "turtle exploit", which consisted of slashing the air with your weapon when standing on the big turtle in the water - which for some reason registered as fighting a mob and hence your skill or level would increase.

I don't remember much else from the game though, except for the fact that your 3 lives were represented by 3 brothers of different appearance and possibly stats, which I thought was kind of neat. Also, something about a forest labyrinth and a witch?

Good old days... :)

I remember being killed a lot by skeletons and the book intro at the start. I remember an earlier discussion here as well that there was a sequel that I don't think I ever saw.

Looks like a party based Diablo, can't hear it as I'm at work atm. You know what year that released?

Nevermind found it on Moby Games '97 quite a gap.

Last edited:
I have it on the Sega Genesis, bought it from a vintage gaming store. Haven't pulled any, but I've been needing to. I'll give you guys a full review once I played it.

I played it, too. So many years ago...
Still remember my character became so powerfull when he waved his sword he could kill skeletons through walls...
Stopped playing when my riding bird (swan?) suddenly disappered.

It was a good game, but personally my all time favourite was Legend of Faerghail, played it a lot, hmm maybe i need to dig out my old A4000, and start playing it again, and if it won't work with it, there is always WinUAE ;) Sometimes i use it for playing Kingdoms of england I and II (light strategy games for brainless :D )

Home of the underdogs has the PC version of legend of Faerghail.

Back
Top Bottom