Hello old RPGDot people!

Toaster

Sentinel
I talked with Bartacus on MSN a few days ago and he told me that a few of you RPGDot old-timers are still active here, so I thought I'd drop in and say hi!

Since it was about 2,5 years since I was last active there I want to know what happened to all of you, especially the old active NFGers, and the people from there who aren't active here as well if you know anything about them.

I myself have just finished my first year at university, studying to become an engineer in technical design and product development, at Linköping University if anyone's familiar with Sweden's geography.

On the gaming front I haven't played WoW for several months, instead playing EVE Online right now while waiting for Warhammer Online to play that with my old, super-awesome WoW guild. I've been pretty bad at playing regular RPGs, didn't like The Witcher and my computer can't handle for example BioShock (even if it's not a pure RPG, but anyway). But I'm so excited that Mass Effect has come out for the PC and I have high expectations for that.

Much more to tell than that, but can't think of what to write, so ask away if you feel like it. Must say it feels nice to see some familiar names here after so long! :)

Greetings, hello and welcome ye of the burnt bread!! Good to see you here. Most of the old gang and the NFG migrated here. Those few who didn't, like Lintra who's lost somewhere in the Bermuda Triangle have fallen off the face of the earth. However, there are many new antagonists to spar with, so feel free to settle back in and enjoy the place!!

Ah, so you finally arrived. It was about time, kid! :gorath:

Welcome here -

IMHO RPGWatch is the new NFG...

Hola Toaster! I was an NFGer but didn't spend much time there.. Here you will usually find me hanging out in the news section, or the Witcher forums. 'Course if you didn't like that one you probably won't be visiting there!

Anyway, welcome! The gang's all here and as ol' man Corwin said, there's plenty of new ones too. -- Btw, I like my toast brown on one side. :)

Thanks for the welcomes, feels like home already! Gonna try to make myself familiar with the place now, I have to say that the vBulletin board makes it a bit more enjoyable as well :p

Hello there toaster, glad to hear you're striving for engineer status, good luck with your studies. There does'nt seem to be many engineers here at the watch - well, there's me, you, and another guy - i forget his name now...dt..de..etd? - oh can't remember - but he's about somewhere! - oh and talking of old timers, there's Corwin - a kind of NWN engineer. Then there's Jaz - a sort of engineer'ess studying the dynamics of medi-evil gothic. Yes, the more i think about it, we are all engineers in one way or another. :D

Welcome back Toaster. :thumbsup::beer::beer:

Hi Toaster. Welcome to the Watch. I think we used to play in the RPG forums at the Dot together... (I seem to recognize your name, so that's what I'm thinking)

Oh and I'm an engineer too. Electronic & Computer Engineering at Nottingham though. So 4 of us now... I finished my exams a few weeks ago waiting for my results...

Medi-evil? Neither medi(cal) nor evil... I'm soooo good. Really. And the only thing I engineer is... well, y'know, I'm kind of a used-car salesperson, that's about it.

The funny thing with toasters is that the moment they start to talk, they start to scheme as well. I've yet to meet a talking toaster that doesn't strive for world domination.

Hello there toaster, glad to hear you're striving for engineer status, good luck with your studies. There does'nt seem to be many engineers here at the watch - well, there's me, you, and another guy - i forget his name now...dt..de..etd? - oh can't remember - but he's about somewhere! - oh and talking of old timers, there's Corwin - a kind of NWN engineer. Then there's Jaz - a sort of engineer'ess studying the dynamics of medi-evil gothic. Yes, the more i think about it, we are all engineers in one way or another. :D

Welcome back Toaster. :thumbsup::beer::beer:

Dude, I'm an engineer too -> mastered in electronics. You can be sure of it that there are a few more engineers here at the fora.

Holy Cow!! *Cm grabs toaster and gives him a big :hug: and then a :slap:*

Where have you been? Glad Bart found you and got you over here where you belong. How has school been goin? How have you been doing? And as for the move, it has been great here. We are all basicly doing the same I think.

So make sure you hang around now and don't go running off like that again. :)

I think your avatars beg to differ with you not being evil Jaz, but they're still truly the awesome-est ever! And don't come interrupting my world domination plans like that! They work best in the shadows, spreading doubt and fear...

And I like the fact that even without intending it I started some kind of Engineers Not-so-anonymous here, like 'Hi, my Internet alias is x, and I'm an engineeer. -Hi x'. :p

Uni's going great Cm, seems engineering is the thing for me. And I can't complain about life in general either, it's great living in a new city. But now I'm going back to my old home city over the summer for work, and I'll try to keep up here, I could use some more forums to lurk!

*Harrumph* My current avatar is Captain Goto of Patlabor. He's so not evil...

Yes, please help me drive all the local engineers out of their respective closets, Toaster. My father- and brother-in-law are engineers... and believe me, these types of human are rather evil.

Gawd, we'll let anybody post around here... ;)

Good to see you, Toaster. Don't be a stranger.

Hey Toaster, are you still interested in RPing in the Gothic world ?
We had a game going with several players but Khass, who was the gamemaster seems to have disappeared off the forums for one or another reason.
If you're interested and some other are too, maybe we could create a new one...

(Captain) goto what? Spaghetti code(r)...

And there's just coming more and more familiar faces, awesome!

@Pladio, don't think so mate, got enough timesinks as it is so just socializing and maybe discussing a game or two is good enough for me right now.

Back
Top Bottom