The Witcher - Trailer @ GameVideos

The best gameplay so far. Geralt with shiny sword looks almost like a Jedi :) The gameplay shows how important are potions in the game.

Nice to see some side quest. Does some posibility of making video larger exist? It's small and I can't see details. You could see in better quality previous gameplays on ign or gamespot.

Thanks Kitke - but I download it. Now it's better.

Anyway I like these old guy.

Great video--if a bit dark at times. First time I've gotten a look at the inventory interface and so forth--I like it. If you have any trouble getting it to load, you can also enter from the Witcher trailer link on the main page of the 1UP site.

Actually Magerette I was thinking the nighttime scenes were brighter here than in some of the other videos I've seen of this game. That was very encouraging. I loved the tall grass - just a tiny little detail that adds so much more realism to the game. Totally unlike Two Worlds in which all of the ground textures (that I bothered looking at in the demo) were like the carpet in my house. Oh, and did you notice when the hermit lays back down on his bedroll at the very end? He didn't just have a couple of blocky animations with your imagination filling in the rest. He actually looked like an old man trying to lay down and get comfortable. Wow.
This is the first time I noticed that Geralts Witcher medallion shakes and rattles when he is in combat. Does anyone know what the significance of this is??

When is the release date again? 30th? Too bad it can't come sooner - starting tomorrow I have a week off work!

Last edited:
excellent video i really can't wait now either.
say this one as well don't know if its new, but its damn fine as well, no combat just a witcher himself guided tour of the city.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQ8hqUMOozE&NR=1

if any game ever seemed like it need a manual, this is it to me.
and i'm sure the brightness can be adjusted in the game, that feature is almost as old as the mouse in pc gaming isn't it?

Very nice video again. :)
I too, really like the animations from the Aurora engine, I know they are as good as many today but compared to KotOR games it's very nice. :)

Too, dark here as well, maybe since it's happened in all the movies I have seen, must be how they are recording them, they should maybe try FRAPS. :)

Also seeing this compared to the one meeting the assassins Geralt doesn't not seem to get full health on acquiring a new level, as it seems before.
He leveled 3 times here if I counted correctly and never gained health, so maybe the dev deminstrating the assassin meeting just hit a "full health button" at the start of the fight realizing he forgot to heal after the H2H match.

what makes's you think he leveled 3 times Acleacius? that would seem a bit too short on experience requirements if he leveled that many times i would think.

Well just watch the movie, it says leveled up 3 different times. :)
It's Gold lettering flashing on the screen in the top left iirc.
He was probably at low level and the dev was just very experienced in fight with his game. :)

I wouldn't pay too much attention to leveling in gameplay demos. You won't level every 3 minutes in the game :). Besides, he probably leveled only once, the other two were only reminders...

Oh, and did you notice when the hermit lays back down on his bedroll at the very end? He didn't just have a couple of blocky animations with your imagination filling in the rest. He actually looked like an old man trying to lay down and get comfortable. Wow.
This is the first time I noticed that Geralts Witcher medallion shakes and rattles when he is in combat. Does anyone know what the significance of this is??

The sleeping animations are well done. Some people are restless and roll over in bed, trying to get comfortable.

The medallion vibrates whenever danger is near (so it always vibrates in every combat). It's meant to alert you - I find it a bit irritating, to be honest.

Very nice video again. :)

He leveled 3 times here if I counted correctly and never gained health, so maybe the dev deminstrating the assassin meeting just hit a "full health button" at the start of the fight realizing he forgot to heal after the H2H match.

Devs explained this on official forum. The guy who recorded it get the "save' with Geralt on too low level and couldn't finish the quest, so he artificially changed statistics of Geralt. And gameplay was made from parts of many tries to defeat enemies. So, you won't be get next levels so fast :).

And here's a new gameplay on gamespot. I've startted to feel a little spoiled: the new day, the new gameplay ;).
Tactic and combat:
http://www.gamespot.com/video/915112/6181227/the-witcher-official-movie-8

Last edited:
Re: Dhruin's remark -
[The medallion vibrates whenever danger is near (so it always vibrates in every combat). It's meant to alert you - I find it a bit irritating, to be honest.]

Here's an extract from The Witcher website...

[The bruxa, as every higher vampire, is impervious to sunlight and can take the shape of a young woman, thus making it hard to differentiate between her and a human, water nymph, or dryad. Even the Witcher medallion doesn’t vibrate in her presence.]

...so be wary when chatting-up those females ! ! :mwahaha:

Wait.... you're saying this medallion usually alerts the wearer to dangerous females??

... Can I get one in real life please? :lol:

:idea: Oh, and maybe we need to get this feature on rpgWatch - it will go off on the home page anytime CM is logged in. ;)

Hey Jabb's - sounds good, a "Bruxa-CM" i must remember that one for when the vixen next strikes. :lol:
I believe the slow release build-up of preview game material, screen shots, interviews, snippets of development etc' which has become the norm of today (and which gets over-blown in some cases) has actually paid off for The Witcher.

Back
Top Bottom