Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms - Early Access

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
BitComposer and Games Farm announced in new press release that you can now buy, and play Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms on Steam Early Access.

Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms now in Steam Early Access

Eschborn, 13 June 2014 – bitComposer and Games Farm announced today that action RPG Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms is now available in Steam Early Access. For the first week of Early Access, players have an additional discount off of the Early Access price of 27.99€ / 27.99$ / 22.99£, providing altogether a more than 30% discount off the normal retail price of 39.99€ / 39.99$ / 34.99£. Following the first week sale, Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms will be available for 27.99€ / 27.99$ / 22.99£ throughout Steam Early Access: http://store.steampowered.com/app/256030/

Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms in Early Access offers the entire first chapter featuring hours of entertainment with more than 10 different maps and locations, two different playable main characters and the first boss fights. Throughout the course of the Early Access phase, more features like voiced dialogues and a crafting system will be added, as well as new quests, items and new playable characters.

Check out the second part of the interview with Peter Nagy, Head of Development, and Peter Hornak, Head of Script, for further background details about Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms.

Key features of Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms

• Two parallel worlds – the spiritual Shadow Realm and the material Mortal Realm – offer an exciting gameplay experience with innovative storytelling.
  • A selection of main characters offers different experiences, storylines, quests and overall direction.
  • Every choice must be considered, as Karma plays an important role in the game.
  • A deep storyline features a world emblazoned with ancient legends, heroic tales and dark corrupted societies.
  • The unique personalities of the main characters test strategic planning and reaction time when challenging hordes of relentless enemies.
  • The everlasting conflict between conquered souls and master continues, as the souls of mortal enemies and lovers can be consumed by The Devourer and come back to offer opinions, advice, or sometimes argue with each other.
The action RPG Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms will be released for PC in the fourth quarter of 2014. Available on Steam, Greenmangaming, Uplay and Gamersgate.
More information.

Kult Heretic Kingdoms was an ambitious project. It fell somewhat short in the end, but really enjoyable game. Diablo style gameplay with BG style quest structure. Much like Divine Divinity. Also it had nice isometric graphics. When I first heard this second game I deemed it a mindless hack&slash. The fact that BitComposer is the publisher had a finger in that too. Then I saw that devs who made the first also in this project and after watching the dev diary I decided to support it and bought it early access. I still don't like unfinished games and be treated as a beta tester, so I'll wait for the final version.

Bought yesterday but can't play due to an error on startup. Ahh, early access, but you have to be patient. It looks decent and has received some good words within the forums so I'll wait for the next patch hopefully next week.

Thanks for the heads up! I've wishlisted it and I might try out the early access version in a couple weeks when some of the worst bugs have been ironed out. ^.^

Available on Steam, Greenmangaming, Uplay and Gamersgate.
I'll buy when it's done.
On uPlay!

Yea, I lie, so what? :)

I'll buy when it's done.
On uPlay!

Oh ya, I hear people all the time willingly and joyfully sign up for Uplay. Its rapidly becoming the main DRM/Portal/OnlineConnectionService of choice.

:deal:

Oh that made me laugh :)

Back
Top Bottom