Xseed - To Release More JRPG's On The PC

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Xseed has told Siliconera that they are planning to release more JRPG's on the PC. So if you enjoyed playing the Ys series this is good news.

In recent years, Xseed have begun to publish games on PC, starting out with Falcom’s Ys games. In a recent interview with the publisher’s Executive Vice-President Ken Berry, Siliconera asked about how those games have done and further PC support.

“They have done great on Steam, and hopefully that introduced a lot of new people to the Ys series so that they will want to check out the latest offering on PS Vita when it comes out later this year,” Berry replied. “They’ve surpassed our expectations, and we are definitely looking to bring more titles to PC.”

Berry replied, “We are absolutely interested in bringing more titles, especially JRPGs, to PC. We are doing what we can to make it happen, so hopefully we will have an announcement within the next month or so.”
More information.

<=== To continue not caring about JRPGs. :p

Well others do.:p

I know. I've seen it with my own eyes. Crazy. Some people are even fascinated by anime. I just don't get it. Now, Asian women....that I understand....

I know. I've seen it with my own eyes. Crazy. Some people are even fascinated by anime. I just don't get it. Now, Asian women….that I understand….
:thumbsup: Now that I can agree on.

I have been known to like the occasional JRPG (though mostly those from 10+ years ago) but the Ys series games I've played have been terrible. Some of the worst game mechanics I've ever seen.

I enjoyed the dragon quest series and the earlier final fantasy's but i'm not an anime fan.

I expected more jrpgs to be released for the PC since anything being made for the PS4 can easily be released for the PC.

I expected more jrpgs to be released for the PC since anything being made for the PS4 can easily be released for the PC.
Sounds like a good idea to me. Japanese developers need to expand beyond just mobile and console gaming. I just hope they don't go the Capcom or Square Enix route with MMO/F2P games.

I do love some Jrpgs, like Baten Kaitos, earlier Final Fantasy, Resonance of Fate, the Shin Megami Games etc. Not to keen on anime, but I can tolerate a small dose of it if the game is good otherwise(like Persona)

I'm so glad to hear this! I loved Falcom's Ys titles that they've brought over.

Hoping to see more, and hopefully Trails in the Sky FC and the rest.

I like jRPGs too. They became my 'turn based' fix during the dark ages of cRPG (like, the last 12 years)

I sure didn't see many PS3 JRPGs. It seems Japan isn't all that interested in trying to sell JRPGs in the west now at all, whatever the platform. Still, the more unified PS4/XBox1/PC architecture should help convert the new stuff.

P.S. Come on Cpt. Huggy Face, you had to at least love Johnny Sokko.

Coincidentally, I just purchased all the available Ys titles last week on Steam during a sale. I've been hearing about that series for over 20 years, so I thought why not…

I was reading about the Ys series recently, and I was surprised to learn that it actually started out on the PC. Three of the titles on Steam are remakes of the first three titles that were originally made for the NEC PC-8801 in the late 80s.

I have the boxed set. :)

I sure didn't see many PS3 JRPGs. It seems Japan isn't all that interested in trying to sell JRPGs in the west now at all, whatever the platform. Still, the more unified PS4/XBox1/PC architecture should help convert the new stuff.

Heh, thanks for the link. That's awesome. Haven't seen that in a long time. Remember Saturday morning cartoons, which were followed by a kung fu or Godzilla movie? I think I saw this there, back when there was little more than that half day of kids' shows, unlike today's 24/7 networks.. Loved that stuff, much more than the cartoons.

*lets his mind wander toward thoughts of giant reptiles, robots and Asian women*

Some people are even fascinated by anime. I just don't get it.
Go Netflix if it's not aired in your country for free and watch one of these or all of them:
- Fullmetal Alchemist
- Cowboy Bebop
- Death Note
- Steins; Gate

I'm fascinated, you'll also be.

But jrpgs are basically endless mobrespawn grinders. Not my pair of shoes, thus I don't care for Xseed's plans really.

I'd advocate for both Ghost in the Shell series in that list (assuming its on netflix) and the movies as well but maybe not the video game.

Not all jrpgs are created equal but agree that many are repetitive beyond redemption. I would love to see more games like Lost Odyssey which I consider JRPG style. To me they are an alternative perspective and keep the whole genre interesting. I just wish they would innovate more in general as here were way too few JPRGs released on XBox360 and PS3 after what was released on the PS2.

People who think Japanes RPGs are bad should play Tactics Ogre. It's much better than most of the CRPGs that I have played. That's one of the few exceptions, though. JRPGs are bad. :p

Back
Top Bottom