Risen 2 - First Reviews

I can only speak for the beta, but I imagine the full game should be roughly the same.

I was able to play with all options on high, except shadows, at 1920x1200 on my system. AMD Phenom II 965 (3.4ghz quad core), 4gb RAM, and a GeForce GTX 470.

It wasn't extremely smooth, but it was definitely playable. I'd say 25-30 fps most of the time.

Mine is pretty much equal to the recommended requirements (C2D E8400 3ghz, 4gb RAM, 6770 1gb), but from that it sounds like I'll have to turn some stuff down.

I'm running it on a Phenom 2 X4 965, 8 GB and a Radeon6850. In the options all I see is "ultra", "maximum" or "on", including AA & AF. Resolution is 1680*1050.

Have played only 2 hours yet. Feels like a typical PB game, just more constrained - as was promised for the first island - and with a relaxed carribean setting.

The interface is clean, but PC_Hero a bit unresponsive while walking and the camera super fast.

http://www.digitalnoob.com/reviews/risen-2-dark-waters-review/

3/10

"Also on the list of things I don’t like; the fact that there is no minimap, and the absolute absurdity of not being able to fight some of the monsters—like the Giant Crabs—without spending stupid amounts of gold on things like learning how to kick. Silly me, I thought humans were born with that capability."

eh. dont know why i bothered posting this review.. might be good for a laugh or something?

"Also on the list of things I don’t like; the fact that there is no minimap, and the absolute absurdity of not being able to fight some of the monsters—like the Giant Crabs—without spending stupid amounts of gold on things like learning how to kick. Silly me, I thought humans were born with that capability."

I can only agree with the part about kicking. PB previous games set themselves apart from other games by introducing some realism in the play (going through the motions of cooking, mining, smithing, forging .. etc.). Going from there down to 'unlocking' a kicking skill (which should be natural) sound like a step-backward and limited creativity in their designs.

I don't see it like he's too stupid to know how to kick or know how to swing a weapon in more than just one direction. I see it as he's not efficient enough at it yet to decide to try it. It's done like that in Gothic's too, and many other RPG's.. I guess it would be more natural if all moves were unlocked from the begining but he would suck at it (if not trained), but it would be confusing.

I don't see it like he's too stupid to know how to kick or know how to swing a weapon in more than just one direction. I see it as he's not efficient enough at it yet to decide to try it. It's done like that in Gothic's too, and many other RPG's.. I guess it would be more natural if all moves were unlocked from the begining but he would suck at it (if not trained), but it would be confusing.

I guess this sounds reasonable.

Or you start with the very basic abilities - like punching, kicking, swinging, thrusting, etc. Not very confusing if you keep the basic abilities basic and then have what you unlock be things like palm-strike, round-house kick, parry+riposte, etc. With the HtH abilities that's kind of how fallout 1 & 2 did it.

Meh, that guy wanted a shooter obviously but instead got RPG where you have to play, earn and "pay" for skills. He should definetly try to get employed at IGN.

Next link! Not again a joke, but a real review, please.

Meh, that guy wanted a shooter obviously but instead got RPG where you have to play, earn and "pay" for skills. He should definetly try to get employed at IGN.

Next link! Not again a joke, but a real review, please.

Yes how dare he or anyone esle have a different opinion and preferred play style than you. Some of us do like mini maps and other things that some people hate vehemently. Whatever moving on I see to much of this in most forums.:movingon:

For what does he need a mini map? He has the option to let the game show him the quest location on the big map.

Yes how dare he or anyone esle have a different opinion and preferred play style than you. Some of us do like mini maps and other things that some people hate vehemently. Whatever moving on I see to much of this in most forums.:movingon:
There is a big difference between me - a common spammer/troll - and a person that writes a review. :)
There should be.

Perhaps your question should be how one anonymous cretin like me in this case dares to have a different opinion than a superstar reviewer who wrote the best game review ever? :)

Also note that I don't have the same opinion and playstyle as some other reviewers, but their reviews are better written, more thorough, more detailed and not focused on uninportant things. In those cases, you didn't see my troll-the-trollreview.

Any reviewer that does not mention that the game was influenced be Bethesda Arpgs/RPGs is not worth even to be bothered to check and read.Cause they are corrupted that occult the truth.

Different reviewers. They don't believe in maintaining any semblance of consistency.

If any review site did that I would find it boring. Anyways IGN lost there credibility years ago.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom