Divine Divinity - Remastered Update

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Thanks to Alrik for this update on the remastering of Divine Divinity from the official forums:
Thanks for the feedback so far everyone! I'm your friendly neighbourhood
div.png
remasterer, and I have a couple of questions and remarks about the suggestions you guys (and girls) have made [...]

- I can happily inform you that resolutions are no longer limited: you can play the game on any resolution that your video card supports, and I must say that it looks freakin' awesome!

- A number of skills have already been fixed or rebalanced, and some tooltips have been made a little clearer (for example, the tooltip for damage on the stats screen now shows a more elaborate breakdown of everything that contributes to your damage).

Please keep those suggestions and bugreports coming in!
More information.

So I can't freeze & spike my way to ultimate victory anymore? Boo! :D

More jokes!!! More skeletons talking about life and death and suddenly falling apart because they don't believe in themselves anymore.:) Plus, more interation with NPCs. They did the first town perfectly. After that, while it was still great, it still didn't have that involvement in the NPCs lives like the first town.

So it looks like they're serious about doing this. I guess I'll have to replay DD when they're through remastering it.

The suggestions there are pretty good. I liked the summon skeleton suggestion. I hope they upgrade it, because Skeletal wall kicked summon skeletons butt. There was no need to upgrade summon.

Better yet, I hope they do something with summon rat. One of the best spells and soooo underwhelming. Sure at level one just a normal rat would come, but what about level 5? How about some rat monsters or ratmen? Oh, I know a fire breathing rat.;)

Don't just hope, post your suggestions there ! ;)

So this is a NEW edition of the game right?

Because it would be really nice if they ALSO released these improvements as a patch for those of us that already have the game.

I mean, really that's all this is, making improvements to the game.

I WOULD buy it if they included new content though, would be nice if they came up with an expansion pack with a new story. Doesn't have to be too long, 12 - 15 hour or so adventure would be nice. :D

And OMG Alrik!!!
Nearly 18,000 posts on the Larian Studios forums????

INSANE!!!!! Lol.

Well, I'm there for ... we have 2009 now ... almost 10 years.

When I was younger, I wrote much more, also. ;)

But then it would be hard to justify the costs.

It sounds to me like DivDiv Remastered is a small in-between project to keep the team afloat while they wait for Divinity 2 royalties and make up their mind whether or not there will be a Divinity 3.

I allready played it through twice and the beyond divinity once too (just because). Not so sure Im willing to go for another round - atleast not for BD. Allthough Id like to see som pics of the new resolutions.

I still remember how good game it was. It was exceptional and it sucked that people spend their moneys on diablo-clones instead. This is the game they should have bought. I might buy the remastered version just to show support for the game - if there is somthing new in it.

Divine Divinity was one of the very few point and click action RPG games I really enjoyed. I wouldn't play it again though. I didn't like Beyond Divinity, most people didn't.

I liked BD. I think it got a bad rap from "most people". I'm not even sure what their complaints were now. Maybe they didn't care for controlling 2 people at once, but once you got used to it it wasn't so bad. No worse than NWN 1. A little better in some ways since you could switch between characters and control how they leveled up.

BD was good in some parts, but far too dark and "demonic" for me, too.

There were some very interesting ideas in it, though.

I managed to get an English-language imported version of the game, by chance (bought it in Berlin's "KaDeWe", actually, they import games, too).

That's probably true, but then you also have to wonder - are the changes enough to justify the cost to us?

Exactly. I mean after all, unless they're adding in some new significant features or content it IS a patch and charging for a patch just isn't right.

Weren't the improvements in The Witcher also included as a free patch?

I wouldn't even mind if they added a short new 8 to 10 hour campaign in addition to the fixes. THAT I would pay for.

Hell, maybe even allowing us to customize our characters (height, hair, girth) or a selection of characters would be nice - maybe adding a half-orc race? These are really minor things that don't mean a whole lot in the long run but I just want to feel like I'm paying for more than fixes that should have just been patched.

No worse than NWN 1.

I can't imagine anything worse than NWN 1 :)

As much as I hated Oblivion & Fallout 3, they were still mildly enjoyable but NWN 1 was a snoozefest. NWN 2 was pretty mediocre too but it managed to keep me somewhat entertained at least.

Weren't the improvements in The Witcher also included as a free patch?

That's something different. The Witcher was still sold at retail for a significant price. The updates helped prolong its shelf life and thus generated income.

Personally I doubt they'll sell it for 10$. I think they'll go out via Steam, etc. for 20$, at least initially.

Back
Top Bottom