Witcher 3 - Officially Announced

Dev team size doesn't correlate into game content or quality. Bigger dev team tend to try stuff a lot more, aka they spend more time on cut/replaced gameplay systems.

I don't know about that, a big team with a ton of experience usually have the resources to do the proper ground/concept work, thus they do a lot less testing of things than what an indie developer would do for example. Not that CDP are completely inexperienced, i bet they're a fairly large team by now too.

So now we're back to the time where NEXT GEN! will be mentioned in every article, interview and video? Otherwise great news.

I can't identify with plastic-boobs and nocelulite-butt female protagonists in fantasy genre so I can perfectly understand someone not capable of identifying with sexy ugliness in dirty clothes. :D

Sex objects or sex toys, who cares? You have an option to do it or not to do it in the game. I enjoyed collecting cards, if you believe that's scandalous, just don't do it.

I collected all the cards from both US and UK editions. Purely to see what the differences were :D

From the gamingeverything link I take it you still play as Geralt. Too bad, I was hoping they'd go a different route and let you play as an unnamed witcher (which doesn't mean the storyline couldn't still prominently feature Geralt in some way to tie into the previous games). But well, I guess this was to be expected.

All in all great news! Even if they cannot come through on all their promises, a more open-world witcher can hardly be a bad thing imo, especially if they can keep the same level (or better) of storytelling, characters, and C&C.

I'm happy they've stuck with Geralt, even though the character system might suck, as it sucked before. I like the idea of him getting in to further trouble and being courted by the most influential, but Geralt only wants a simple life and to return to the "witcher's path" (in reality drifting from village to village, drinking, gambling and whoring and on the side killing a few monsters). A very likeable character.

Also, what happened to the first game's ending? I thought that the prophesy of an ice age came true? But there wasn't any mention of in the 2nd game.

Also, what happened to the first game's ending? I thought that the prophesy of an ice age came true? But there wasn't any mention of in the 2nd game.

It's just a prophecy as old as time. It never came true in the books either.

Open world games like TES will never be as bug free as linear game like TW2 or DX:HR. There's a million more things to take into account when doing true open world games like the old Gothic's, Ultimas or TES. Bethesda is the only developer that still does it, and even if it has a few bugs (nothing game breaking for me personally so far, just graphical glitches) i'll gladly take that instead of boring linearity and limited exploration.

TW2 was Linear? Either you have a completely different definition of linear than most people or you're never actually played it. TW2 was significantly smaller than a Gothic or TES, but it certainly wasn't linear.

And most people would agree that Bethesda's games tend to have more than just a "few" bugs.

As many would agree CDprojekts games have more then a few bugs;)

I'm pretty much right here, the witcher 1 was barely playable until they released a patch. Hell I don't think it was until they released there enhanced edition. The witcher two was pretty messy out the door as well.

Don't be absurd. The Witcher 1 was completely playable. It had a shitty English translation and some annoying load times, but wasn't anywhere near as bug-riddled as a typical Bethesda game upon release.

It's a moot point anyways. Unlike Bethesda, CDP actually fixes the majority of their bugs.

Skyrim was bug ridden on release? Almost unplayable? On who's system? Even Fallout 3 wasn't that bug ridden...I will give you daggerfall though that had lots of bugs;)

At least CDProjekt makes formidable advances in their game engine. Bethesda just dabs some lipstick on their antiquated and bug-ridden gamebryo engine. And rarely fixes its bugs.

Either way, I think they're exaggerating about the open-world aspect of TW3. That's ok by me, however, as I typically find myself bored to tears in any recent TES game after your character is practically invulnerable only 10% of the way into a playthrough.

I finished W1, but just couldn't get into W2. I'm pretty lukewarm on the franchise. Don't like the characters much, and the politics are presented to you as if you already care about it in advance. Does not know how to tell a story.

And there were certainly linear areas in what I played of W2. Following a path and fighting off the same enemy over and over while following a bubble of magic of some kind? You pretty much had to do that. And the first town you get to is tiny. And it's cut-scene heavy. Just not my cup of tea.

Following a path and fighting off the same enemy over and over while following a bubble of magic of some kind? You pretty much had to do that.

Yeah.. that's called a scripted event. It's used for story purposes. That doesn't make the game linear.

So you didn't have to go to that first town?

In The Witcher 2 the Story is non-linear but the gameplay is linear. There are different forms of linearity in games and they need distinction in order to have clarity.

In The Witcher 2 the Story is non-linear but the gameplay is linear. There are different forms of linearity in games and they need distinction in order to have clarity.

Well put. Though I'm not quite sure what you mean by the gameplay being linear. Some people here don't seem to understand what linearity actually means. They think a game is linear if you can't cross the entire map from the moment you start the game.

Back
Top Bottom