Mass Effect 3 - Citadel FAQ

Dhruin

SasqWatch
BioWare has posted a basic FAQ for their upcoming Mass Effect 3 DLC, Citadel. It covers questions such as what gameplay stage you should tackle the DLC:
Should I Have Everything Else in the Game Done Before Playing Citadel?
There is no right or wrong time to play the Citadel DLC, once it’s unlocked. If you play the Citadel DLC with everything else unlocked (just before attacking Cronos Station), the new DLC content will all be unlocked. If you play the Citadel DLC right after stopping the Cerberus coup attempt, the DLC content will unlock naturally over the course of the main game.
Does the Citadel DLC Affect the Ending?
No, not beyond the possibility of adding new war assets to increase your Galactic Readiness score. You may of course continue on to play the endgame after completing the Citadel DLC, but there is also a natural “stopping point” that should make it clear where the DLC content ends and your return to the main game begins.
More information.

I wonder if anyone actually asked any of these "frequently asked questions".

I wonder if anyone actually asked any of these "frequently asked questions".

I've seen people ask this several times on various Mass Effect related forums. So...

Kinda boring, I know, since it was to be expected how this would work and even if not, I don't understand why people don't like it anymore to figure things out by themselves.

Good that they managed to get around the download limit on consoles, since that have had a negative impact of me enjoying the PC version.

I´m buying it for old times sake, since the Citadel is an interesting place. Had that nice sense of wonder first time in ME1 (The Citadel were rather butchered in ME2..)

Totally off-topic,
reading this I'm very happy that the next generation of consoles are on their way. Mass Effect is a glaring example of what the limitations of that old hardware did to cross platform games (textures, animations etc..)

C

reading this I'm very happy that the next generation of consoles are on their way. Mass Effect is a glaring example of what the limitations of that old hardware did to cross platform games

Disagree. Everything that was really bad about Mass Effect had nothing to do with hardware limitations. Rushed games and bad ideas transcend so called console generations. In that regard it doesn't matter if a game is for PS3 or 4.

I have nothing against good graphics, but less detailed textures pale in comparison to bad stories, bugs [...] etc...

Disagree. Everything that was really bad about Mass Effect had nothing to do with hardware limitations. Rushed games and bad ideas transcend so called console generations. In that regard it doesn't matter if a game is for PS3 or 4.

I have nothing against good graphics, but less detailed textures pale in comparison to bad stories, bugs […] etc…

Right! Making ME3 on new engine with (probably) EA deadlines would be risky to overall effect. Therefore I was upset to find that they made this war-journey without any significant side quest, going through politics intrigues blah blah blah - adding them in dlcs is not an excuse ><

Right! Making ME3 on new engine with (probably) EA deadlines would be risky to overall effect. Therefore I was upset to find that they made this war-journey without any significant side quest, going through politics intrigues blah blah blah - adding them in dlcs is not an excuse ><

Yeah very few successful companies have business models willing to allow for the necessary 3-5 years of development per installment in a series to both update technology and provide at least a breadth (if not also depth) of content with each release. EA is certainly not that patient over so many fiscal quarters and they seem to have become less so. The only two I can think of are Zenimax and CD Projekt RED (very different in many respects) - and I'd guess the relevant qualities they have in common are that both are privately held and have the money to reliably fund big projects.

Back
Top Bottom