Witcher 3 - Editorial @ Rock, Paper, Shotgun

I do recall hearing that the load times were pretty bad when it was first released. I didn't play it though until after the EE patch.

It was really bad, as was the original inventory system and a couple of other things. They fixed pretty much everything with the EE patch though.

I did however experience performance problems with TW1. Game saving/loading times, before the patch, were horrible! It lasted like copying 10Gb of data over USB1.0.

I still think the load and save times can be slow at best(playing as we speak).

I don't remember any problems with W2 on release date, at least none that effected me playing it for a few days straight.

As for W3 and what CD has taken on for a project, we will have to wait and see. I am sure with the way they have handled the other two W games it will be just fine with no more delay's.

Side note...No matter how polished it is on release day there will be those complaining about something.

I thought the combat was pretty well done. I've grown to like good action combat though.

^^ This. I don't get the comments about combat being a weak spot in TW2. I thought it was awesome and enjoyable. Maybe it's like how many people thought Gothic's combat was awful when I thought it was the best I've ever played.

After 3 posts in the thread I finally read the article.:lol:

Sounds to me like he's saying that 9 months before it's release it's not 100% perfect.

Oh no, thanks for that.:rolleyes:

I just want them to "bring back the monsters" for this one, let's get back to what Witchers essentially are and were created to be - monster slayers.

I'm heartened, reading this:
“We’ve got a lot of more traditional quests, and also we created the plan B of monster hunting, which is how Witchers make money..”

this makes me happy too:

Day/night doesn’t just affect townsfolk – It changes monsters too. Quick word of advice: maybe don’t plunge into Clearly Demonic Forest when the sun’s down. Just a hunch, is all.

:highfive:

Back
Top Bottom