VtM-Bloodlines - Camarilla Edition Mod

It is. Now blood bags acually become a big part of the game when earlier on I never needed them. I still think once every third minute is too often though. I'd personally add two or three minutes to that limit. Maybe you can turn that off somehow...

Übereil

I love exploring and wondering aimlessly and just enjoying the environment. I like to explore everything to the last detail. I also enjoy long dialogues.
The time limits usually ruin that. I think a better solution can always be found (more damage, less regeneration, less blood packs).

I like some of the changes I read there, a few very much, but I have no interest due to the "timer" element. I like to take my time in games and lose most of my enjoyment when I have to hurry. I can see how this would be fun for others though and I applaud their efforts.

VTMB Community,

I was googling and happen to run across this forum who plugged our new mod and thought I'd stop in. I read all of the responses so I thought I'd jump in to clear a few things up.

First off I want to thank the moderators of rpgwatch for advertising our mod, I didn't realize it was a thread here but anyway to get the word out is fine by me.

Second, about the Sandbox/Bethesda comment, I guess I mis-represented our mod by explaining that how I did, I did not mean to come off saying that our mod was turning Bloodlines into a sandbox game, because it is still far from it. I should've replaced the word "sandbox" with "realistic" or "more fun" because thats what our mod really does. It's a fantastic mod and Camarilla Edition Ver. 1.1 which comes out Friday Oct. 16th 2009 is going to expand what we've done even further, adding a 4th discipline to every clan. We've turned Blood Heal into a tier 5 upgradable power viewable in the character sheet. That along with MANY other updates.

Third, don't discard the entire mod because of the "Blood Timer", not only can you adjust the time as you see fit but you can turn off the Timer completely if you don't like it. Our vision felt the timer was a great way to make Bloodlines more about feeding and hunting more so than running around zones doing errands for NPCs. The thrill of the "hunt" is what makes being a Vampire so fun, and Vanilla Bloodlines just didn't deliver, so we did. After playing some time with it I agree that 3 minutes is too short, I have adjusted it to 5 minutes in CE 1.1 to relieve people of that "rush rush" feel, thats not fun and not what we wanted.

Anyways, I'm not going to post the full CE 1.1 features page here but if you are interested in finding out more about Camarilla Edition 1.1, please visit our forum at http://CamarillaEdition.DarkBB.com. CE is a community project FOR the VTMB community, so let us hear your voices and thoughts so we can continue improving our mod.

Thanks guys,
-Zer0Morph

23tiha9.jpg

It's always nice to have mods for games, and there's really no reason to complain and I'm thankful some people care enough to actually work hard to release something like this.

That said, I really don't see the appeal of this mod - personally. It strikes me as a mod based on the desire of a few people who've played the game perhaps a tad too much and have very specific things they like to see for the game to be better for them.

I enjoyed playing it recently with the wesp patch, though I'm really not sure what was new and what was old.

But I just don't think the game was meant to be "realistic" in this way, and I think it will be a lot more frustrating for the average player having to worry about the realistic implications of being a vampire - when they're really just trying to experience the wonderful dialogue and story, which indeed are the strongest points of this game, at least in my mind.

But that's just me.

Argh... every time I read about Bloodlines I want to replay it again and it's really annoying since I have other cRPGs I want to finish at least once. And I can't just ignore Bloodlines threads! Damn you all! :p

Thanks for dropping by, Zer0Morph!

Argh… every time I read about Bloodlines I want to replay it again and it's really annoying since I have other cRPGs I want to finish at least once. And I can't just ignore Bloodlines threads! Damn you all! :p
Clickme if you dare!
It strikes me as a mod based on the desire of a few people who've played the game perhaps a tad too much
Based on what I've seen of Bloodlines fans in general, the Bloodlines mod community in particular and the link above I presume there may be more of such people than we think. ;)

I'm sure I will eventually try it out. I've got other games lined up before that though.

Based on what I've seen of Bloodlines fans in general, the Bloodlines mod community in particular and the link above I presume there may be more of such people than we think. ;)

I'm sure I will eventually try it out. I've got other games lined up before that though.

You might very well be right, and it's certainly not the worst game to get such attention.

I'm getting the urge to replay it myself, as a matter of fact :)

But it won't be with this mod, though.

Options for players are always good. As I mentioned I can even appreciate how the blood timer would be a fun element for a number of gamers with whom I'm acquainted. Having to constantly feed seems a little arcade-y to me, but as you said it can be modified or disabled, so it shouldn't be a major factor for those otherwise interested in the mod.

It makes me wonder, however, which way is truer to the White Wolf rule set as far as feeding frequency goes. It would think it'd be more in line with the unmodified form but perhaps I'm wrong about that. As much as I like the Worlds of Darkness, I've never played a P&P campaign in them.

Thanks for stopping by, Zer0Morph. It's always nice to have mod devs visit. Wesp pops by here from time to time as well. And congrats to the Camarilla Team on the fruits of their efforts.

It makes me wonder, however, which way is truer to the White Wolf rule set as far as feeding frequency goes. It would think it'd be more in line with the unmodified form but perhaps I'm wrong about that. As much as I like the Worlds of Darkness, I've never played a P&P campaign in them.

In the P&P rules you lose one blood point every day. Usually it goes like this, you go to "sleep" for the day time and when you wake up you remove one blood point. Then blood can be used to heal, boost attributes, use powers, feed ghouls and seem more living. So I'd say the unmodified version is closer to the official WoD.

In the P&P rules you lose one blood point every day. Usually it goes like this, you go to "sleep" for the day time and when you wake up you remove one blood point. Then blood can be used to heal, boost attributes, use powers, feed ghouls and seem more living. So I'd say the unmodified version is closer to the official WoD.

The thing is: it's never night in Bloodlines. And when you feed you usually all but drain the person dry, so you've constantly got full blood, pretty much. From my experience, that's not the case in the table top verision at all. You're basically glad if you have 50 % hp.

I don't really have that much experience of the table top verision yet though.

Übereil

Well I was just explaining how the blood spending is handled. I think you mean it's always night in Bloodlines? The day changes according to story progression, so one could add the loss of one blood point to that. You could also change how much one can drain blood without killing the victim, then you'd have to hunt more. That way it might more true to the P&P.

Thanks for the info lumiapina, that's just what I wanted to know.

I'm not suggesting it's necessarily a better mechanic for the game - I was curious how it worked in P&P.

Bump: does anyone know if this works with Wesp's patch? I mean that patch much have like a million bug fixes?

I STILL have never played through this game, so i'm very much looking forward to it and im gonna make sure i play it with the right mod(s) to get a good experience. I did play it with Wesp patch + a companion mod but the game bugged out on me when i met some dude who was supposed to take me to place, it couldnt load that area :(

edit: nvm, found it on their forum " CE 1.1 is going to already be packaged with Wesp's 6.5 BASIC patch"

Last edited:
edit: nvm, found it on their forum " CE 1.1 is going to already be packaged with Wesp's 6.5 BASIC patch"
Just Basic? :\ I never play with basic but with plus because basic feels like cut version.

VTMB: Camarilla Edition 1.1 Released Today (10/16/09)

Camarilla Edition is now available for download. You may visit our forum and download it from there in our Downloads Section or you can download it directly from the link below. Included in the Installer is a Game Manual (.pdf) which would be wise to read for all the following changes.

We feel we found most of the bugs however if you run across anything we missed, please register on our forum and create a thread so we can fix it. We have a section specifically for Bug Reporting.

Know that this is version 1.1 and we will continue to make improvements. In fact we would like to hear your ideas for future updates so again please register on our forum so you can post your ideas and suggestions to make this wonderful overhaul even better!!

Direct Download: http://www.filesend.net/download.php?f=48a366c8cde392b0f8ecbaaba0d0e53d
Official Forum: http://CamarillaEdition.DarkBB.com

Thanks,
-Zer0Morph

Download Instructions

CE 1.1 has been succesfully merged with Unofficial Patch 6.5 so all you need to do is install a fresh copy of Bloodlines, then install CE 1.1 over it. That will not only get you Official Patch 1.2 AND Unofficial Patch 6.5, but also Camarilla Edition 1.1. No need to download anything else to make CE 1.1 work properly!

VTMB: Camarilla Edition Ver. 1.1 Features

Unofficial Patches
- Wesps Unofficial Patch 6.5 is included with this install, which also includes Official Patch 1.2.

Bug Fixes
- AI Disabled / Node Graph is out of Date error has been fixed, thank goodness!

Weapons Re-Balance
- Fists damage decreased a little, All ranged weapons now do about 25% more damage. Melee weapons remain the same.

Dialogue
- Overhauled the tutorial, it is now possible to convince Jack to let you keep his gun, along with MANY other surprises.
- Tremere can now use limited Dominate on the weak minded.
- Minor changes to prostitue dialogue.

New Disciplines
- Every clan now has Bloodheal as an upgradable 4th Discipline. You will now see Bloodheal on your character sheet and can be upgraded like any normal Discipline. See Game Manual for details…

Disciplines / Game Balance
- Most of the tier 5 discipline timers were drastically reduced. They are no longer infinite, instead reduced to 90 - 180 seconds respectively.

Discipline Graphical
- Removed all graphical effects from Presence except for the slight yellow glowing aura that still surrounds the player. Graphical effects on NPCs remain the same.

Blood Timer
- Blood Timer was increased to lose 1 blood point every 5 minutes instead of 3.

Regeneration
- Feeding no longer helps regeneration what so ever.

Histories
- Several new histories have been included reflecting the new Bloodheal Discipline. These histories include…
Heart of Stone
Vagabond
Disconnected
Tzimisce Blood
Zen Master
Child of Saulot
Adrenaline Junkie

Bashing Description
- The Bashing description on the character sheet better explains how bashing damage works.

Skins/Eyes
- Ventrue Male Armor01 now wears a red shirt, black pants, red lipstick removed, and back of arms have veins.
- Brian's eyes are now dark blue instead of light green.

Music
- New Music was added to Asp Hole.

Game Manual
- Updated to reflect the changes, and now explains how to change the Bloodtimer for bloodloss.

23tiha9.jpg

Thanks for the update and once again another person has reinstalled Bloodlines (I really wish people would stop talking about it ;))

I'm really not sure about that blood timer, but it'll be fun to see how it works out in the game. I can guess that the ghost hotel is going to be a pain. No one to get blood from.

Thanks for the update and once again another person has reinstalled Bloodlines (I really wish people would stop talking about it ;))

I'm really not sure about that blood timer, but it'll be fun to see how it works out in the game. I can guess that the ghost hotel is going to be a pain. No one to get blood from.

I personally thought 1 Blood loss every 3 minutes was WAAAY too harsh, so we bumped it up to 1 Blood loss every 5 minutes instead. That really helped me relax and start enjoying the game quite a bit, now I really like the timer because it makes it feel so much more "Real".

For those who LOVE the mod but HATE the timer, we included a quick and easy way to adjust it (or get rid of it altogether) in the instruction manual, which comes with the mod.

So really the Bloodtimer is no longer an issue for anyone, because it's adjustable!

I've been playing it all week and it's a blast! Hope you give it a try… :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom