DA:O No Rogue, no merchants, no alchemy? ***SPOILERS***

Dragon Age: Origins
Ah, Dgaider. Good to see you on the forum. Anyway, may I mention that I'm really enjoying delving into each of my partymembers' backstories, so far. :)

Sten is a bit of a puzzle.. - I hope we find out what his story is, and don't get left hanging in the air about why he got himself into such a predicament.

I really need to start paying more attention to the merchant's inventories. :lol:

I honestly didn't notice them in Bodahn's inventory, but it's good to know that I'll have other opportunities to get them.

It seem the Bodahn restock his inventory. I just bought a second bag from him.

First bag when I first got him and second bag after I finished the Mage tower section.

Sten is a bit of a puzzle.. - I hope we find out what his story is, and don't get left hanging in the air about why he got himself into such a predicament.
Sten is unusual amongst the party members in that you can't get all his dialogues simply by talking to him in the camp. You need to take him with you into the active party -- he will make comments when walking through the world or to other party members, and only after he mentions these things can you ask him about them later.

But even so, yes, you can indeed find out what his story is. :)

Oh, damn - from the horse's mouth… :faq:
Now I'm tempted to use Sten instead of Morrigan or Wynne… just to find out… :greedy: :spotlight-left:

Sten is unusual amongst the party members in that you can't get all his dialogues simply by talking to him in the camp. You need to take him with you into the active party — he will make comments when walking through the world or to other party members, and only after he mentions these things can you ask him about them later.

But even so, yes, you can indeed find out what his story is. :)

Hey out of curiosity how much of the writing did you do for the game?

And if you could give us any info(inside stuff) about expansions...maybe into the fade? (man that would be neat...flesh it out.)

Gotta say you guys did an awesome job, very impressed.

Hey out of curiosity how much of the writing did you do for the game?

And if you could give us any info(inside stuff) about expansions…maybe into the fade? (man that would be neat…flesh it out.)

Gotta say you guys did an awesome job, very impressed.

Heh, well David Gaider is the main author. Been writing for them for ages, AFAIK.

Ah, I found a kinda summary; -if you don't mind, Mr Gaider:

Have worked at Bioware since 1999, and worked as both writer and designer on games such as Baldur's Gate 2, Knights of the Old Republic and Neverwinter Nights. Currently I am the lead writer on Dragon Age, Bioware's new fantasy RPG which has not yet been released. Writing dialogue/characters and story design are my specialties, though I have experience in level & system design as well as scripting.

As of March, 2009, I am also a published author with my first novel, "Dragon Age: the Stolen Throne" released. I am currently working on the follow-up.

Back
Top Bottom