The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

dteowner

Shoegazer
Seems only natural to carry over Xen and Sammy's threads.

Post yer tunes, folks. Links to sound clips are strongly encouraged. If it's worth posting, it's worth sharing.:D

Today's tune for me:
"Melinda" from Tearwave

I've got my iPod on my latest buy:
'Kali's Son' by Jonas Hellborg ... wild bass innovator - I miss Shawn Lane, but the wild east/west jazz fusion on this is pretty nice.

Listening to one of Joseph Haydn's trumpet concerts. - Yes, I still am weird.

urrrrrrrrärrrrpooorpoer säppppppppppttpüpt <-- Greetings from my 2 1/2 years-old sonny.

Well, I never really liked Haydn, or the rest of the Vienna classical composers... I'm more into early Baroque, Romantics or the so-called Contemporary Classics. Yet I spent a little more time with the Vienna folks recently, and I actually came to like them.
Yes, Haydn is THAT weird.

Right now I'm listening to Roger Cicero...

Well, I never really liked Haydn, or the rest of the Vienna classical composers... I'm more into early Baroque, Romantics or the so-called Contemporary Classics. Yet I spent a little more time with the Vienna folks recently, and I actually came to like them.
Yes, Haydn is THAT weird.

You know what they say, if it ain't baroque ... ;)

'Contemporary Classics' - what is that? Are we talking 12-tone stuff, minimalism, or ? That is the stuff I like in classical - Beethoven is the *earliest* of the composers I love :)

Now listening to the Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines Sountrack.

OK, my post wasnt wholly accurate - I was more dating my general taste as being from Romantic period and forward. I love stuff from Vivaldi, Back, Mozart, and so on ...

OK, my post wasnt wholly accurate - I was more dating my general taste as being from Romantic period and forward. I love stuff from Vivaldi, Back, Mozart, and so on ...

Phew! ;)

Would have to say Romantic is my favorite period as well.

Mozart? Meh... evolutionarily important, but mostly bores me... Requiem is good...

I recently bought a DVD of all the ABBA film clips!! :) Please don't throw things; I'm too old to duck!!

Im listening to Darkthrone, Mayhem, Burzum, ect... I really love black metal.

Sometimes i listen to Bach. I like Bach's haunting organ works.

Hey, its Halloween...

'Contemporary Classics' - what is that? Are we talking 12-tone stuff, minimalism, or ? That is the stuff I like in classical - Beethoven is the *earliest* of the composers I love :)
Well, I meant 20th+ Century composers, like my favorite Brits (Vaughn Williams, Elgar, Holst, Britten), the 12-toners like Schönberg and Schreker (in sense), Shostakovitch and others.
Good God! How can you like any classical music and not love Bach?!?!?!
It's a matter of definition. I (for example) love Bach, but he is a Baroque composer and thus not a 'true' Classical composer of the Vienna period (which was truly short, as Beethoven - the last in line - was more of predecessor of the Romantics than anything else).

Currently listening to web radio... 'Gimme gimme gimme' by Abba (feel comforted, Corwin, I love Abba).

Now listening to the Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines Soundtrack.

Wow, thanks for that link, mate! I really loved the game and the music, and it seems now I can finally get it on my PC! I hope you are seeding it, too, BTW ;)

Otherwise, I listen to gothic metal/dark rock, starting with the founders and the kings of the genre, Paradise Lost. The site I've linked to contains a few songs for your listening pleasure.

Last edited:
A classic Topic:

When at home I have foobar2000 cycle through my ~20GB mp3 collection
This Ranges from Bach or Ravel to Loreena McKennit or Amalia Rodriguez
To Fields of The Nephilim or Bauhaus to John Lee Hooker or Otis Redding to
Moonspell or My dying Bride.... You get the picture...

Anyway an excellent example of gaming music Will allways be Grim Fandangos
soundtrack... Damn what a Great game...

This is the Link I recently used to download from but curriously it doesn work for
me today :( http://grimfandango.net/?page=soundtrack

It's a matter of definition. I (for example) love Bach, but he is a Baroque composer and thus not a 'true' Classical composer of the Vienna period (which was truly short, as Beethoven - the last in line - was more of predecessor of the Romantics than anything else).

I used classical with a little "c" to refer to the genre, which encompasses the periods of Baroque, Classical, Romantic and Contemporary.

I used classical with a little "c" to refer to the genre, which encompasses the periods of Baroque, Classical, Romantic and Contemporary.
Yeah, now that you said it I saw and understood. Sorry about the confusion!

I'm currently listening to Samael: Jupiteran Vibes.

@JonNik: Missionforce: Cyberstorm had wonderful music, too.

Last edited:
I recently bought a DVD of all the ABBA film clips!! :) Please don't throw things; I'm too old to duck!!

I've had the ABBA collection (4 CD's) in my car for several years :)

Outside of ABBA, I listen to the music from highschool: Journey, Kansas, Chicago,
REO Speedwagon, STYX, Rush, etc. I also like Michael Jackson's stuff before he became a weirdo.

Arcturus - Maquerade Infernale

You know, this cd just gets raves from practically everyone Ive seen mention it, I just dont get it. Ive had it for weeks, and every time I put it on it's an effort to finish it. This and "Mandylion" by The Gathering, both highly praised cds in the metal community that I just cannot for some reason like. At all.

Total waste of money

Back
Top Bottom